More nerdy guitar stuff

kevbone

Post it Sobo.

Take your hand and place it on the little rounded plastic thingy with the long tail coming out of it (it's called a mouse) sitting next to you, and move it around to cause the little arrow thingy to move up into that rectangular box thingy (that's called an address bar) at the top of your screen (that's the TV-looking-thingy in front of you). Once your little arrow thingy is in that box thingy, type these letters (using the keyboard thingy with all of those pretty letters and stuff sitting in front of you): w - w - w - . - g - o - o - g - l - e - . - c - o - m and then move your little arrow thingy over to the little icon (that's a symbol thingy) that looks like a couple of green arrows chasing each other, or whatever else your particular operating system's platform may use for the "Enter" action.

Then, if you wait just a little bit, this really really cool website thingy called "Google" will come up on your screen (that's the TV-looking-thingy again). This really really cool website thingy called Google will also have a rectangular box thingy (it's another address bar - imagine that!), right in the middle of your TV-looking-thingy. Now, use that keyboard thingy again to type in these letters: o - t - t - m - a - r - - l - i - e - b - e - r - t and do that "Enter" thingy again.

Wait a little bit again, and you will see all sorts of different places (called websites, again) where you can go and find videos (those are like, short movies) to look at of this Ottmar guy playing this guitar thingy that you are so wrapped up in.

Good luck, let me know if you have any trouble figuring this out, m'kay? :wave:

Now if i could just figure out how to set the timer on my VHS! :brew:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my frist VHS movie in 97 now i have 400+ most used,now days there $.49 each at the loan shop,but do have 4 DVD players 3 of which are recorders and Dish net. DVR but only 1 DVD movie,but when they drop to a $1 each used maybe i'll buy more,til then i copy DVD movies at $.25 each! tchin-tchin.gif But have never set the clock on the 5 VHS decks i own,the DVD recorders are so easy set up!

Post it Sobo.

Take your hand and place it on the little rounded plastic thingy with the long tail coming out of it (it's called a mouse) sitting next to you, and move it around to cause the little arrow thingy to move up into that rectangular box thingy (that's called an address bar) at the top of your screen (that's the TV-looking-thingy in front of you). Once your little arrow thingy is in that box thingy, type these letters (using the keyboard thingy with all of those pretty letters and stuff sitting in front of you): w - w - w - . - g - o - o - g - l - e - . - c - o - m and then move your little arrow thingy over to the little icon (that's a symbol thingy) that looks like a couple of green arrows chasing each other, or whatever else your particular operating system's platform may use for the "Enter" action.

Then, if you wait just a little bit, this really really cool website thingy called "Google" will come up on your screen (that's the TV-looking-thingy again). This really really cool website thingy called Google will also have a rectangular box thingy (it's another address bar - imagine that!), right in the middle of your TV-looking-thingy. Now, use that keyboard thingy again to type in these letters: o - t - t - m - a - r - - l - i - e - b - e - r - t and do that "Enter" thingy again.

Wait a little bit again, and you will see all sorts of different places (called websites, again) where you can go and find videos (those are like, short movies) to look at of this Ottmar guy playing this guitar thingy that you are so wrapped up in.

Good luck, let me know if you have any trouble figuring this out, m'kay? :wave:

thanks for the sarcasm....good time.

But....that is a huge cop out on your part. This is a music thread....most people just want to be lazy and click and watch. If you want to throw names around....try posting a link or a youtub. Just a thought....

Oh yeah....its not about who is better.

But....that is a huge cop out on your part. This is a music thread....most people just want to be lazy and click and watch. If you want to throw names around....try posting a link or a youtub. Just a thought....

Hardly a cop-out, Kev, let alone a "huge" one (like a Smith Rocks whipper??).

Get off yer self-described lazy ass and put in a little effort, like a mouse click or two.

Christ, do I have to do everything around here???

There is one good thing I got out of this.

Kevbone sure has a lot of horseshit about Pantera and Hot For Teacher. Inspite of that crap Sobo inspired me to do a search for Ottmar Liebert. I don't believe I've heard him before, but I like what I just heard.

Thanks Sobo that's a good find. :tup:

Now back to Kev and more yammering about a love for crappy music. At the very least try listening to somebody like Jeff Beck.

There is one good thing I got out of this.

Kevbone sure has a lot of horseshit about Pantera and Hot For Teacher. Inspite of that crap Sobo inspired me to do a search for Ottmar Liebert. I don't believe I've heard him before, but I like what I just heard.

Thanks Sobo that's a good find. :tup:

Now back to Kev and more yammering about a love for crappy music. At the very least try listening to somebody like Jeff Beck.

I would put money on that fact that we like the all the same music. With one exception.....I like so much more than you.

Sad there was no Zappa on the list, but it is representative of readers of GW. I adored Led Zeppelin at one time but if I don't hear Stairway to Heaven but one more time in my life I'll be fine. Some obscure stuff too, though, on the list, and I'm intrigued by the Neil Young suggestion. I like playing Panama for fun. Hope no one hates me for it now. I've been playing Steely Dan's FM (plenty of meaty jazz chords), Dogs by Floyd (tastier solos IMHO than The Wall), and "Special Rider Blues" as arranged by John Fahey (my obscure guitarist reference).

If music be the beer of love, drink on...

I would put money on that fact that we like the all the same music. With one exception.....I like so much more than you.

That's a pretty fucking bold statement to make with no metric with which to measure against.

Now that's what I call a cop-out.

The metric is the fact that I like every musician Feck has mentioned and he clearly does not like alot of who I post.