Does Hugh need help?

Bug

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t claim to know the relationships formed between members of this forum, Bug. I’m sure many members have climbed, do climb, and will climb together. But it’s like some here have forgotten (or just don’t care) that they’re communicating with other civilized human beings. Personally it keeps me from being much more than a lurker in most discussions. If this was a welcome place where members had some level of respect for others, then I’d bet you’d see a lot more from the other 10,000+ members. I mean if you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face then why would you type it to them? Seriously, think about it because there is a reason. Furthermore, spraying doesn’t mean people get to be disrespectful, call names, or use threats on others - though one usually leads to the other in the real world. IMO this Spray forum is a huge detractor for this CC.com and has successfully kept it from its potential as a place for climbers to interact...

I don’t claim to know the relationships formed between members of this forum, Bug. I’m sure many members have climbed, do climb, and will climb together. But it’s like some here have forgotten (or just don’t care) that they’re communicating with other civilized human beings. Personally it keeps me from being much more than a lurker in most discussions. If this was a welcome place where members had some level of respect for others, then I’d bet you’d see a lot more from the other 10,000+ members. I mean if you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face then why would you type it to them? Seriously, think about it because there is a reason. Furthermore, spraying doesn’t mean people get to be disrespectful, call names, or use threats on others - though one usually leads to the other in the real world. IMO this Spray forum is a huge detractor for this CC.com and has successfully kept it from its potential as a place for climbers to interact...

I agree with you and am putting this issue out there for all to comment on for the reasons you list and/or reasons of their own.

Thank you.

No bug, he wants to "cape you". That means you have to wear the cape while he wears the wizard hat. thats a pickup line at D&D conventions. but you're right, he is asking for help: the reach around.

:lmao::tup: Nice!

I begrudgingly have to admit that this was very clever.

I missed this thread as I was stockpiling weapons AND TRAINING THE INTERGLACIER MARMOTS TO EAT HUMAN FLESH. The last part isn't going so well

funny Mikester, this is the sort of disrespectful unamusing junior high douchebaggery that keeps people away from this site (except for porter, he made a funny)

You just prove my point. Thanks.

your sucking further proves mine. now pansy-ass turn in the jolly roger and run over to telemarktips.com where they'll call you a douchebag in more polite terms

So you admit that you are an asshole who tends toward violence but you deny that you need any help.

Right?

So you admit that you are an asshole who tends toward violence but you deny that you need any help.

Right?

Still spending time at the Horse farm in Enumclaw Bug? Still stealing from the Church?

Since you've never met me, and clearly don't know me, why don't you stop making shit up about me Bug? The closest I've come to violence in years was being threatened by 2 Indian unlicensed, unofficial, cab drivers who were trying to abduct me.

"I should have caped your ass on interglacier and fed you to the marmots you stupid twat "

Hugh's post

What exactly does this mean?

Am I being threatened with violence?

Am I on notice that he might "cap" me next time he sees me?

Should I call the police?

Hmmm, when I read it in the original thread I had assumed you guys had climbed Rainier together and were buddies, it sounded like a buddy buddy kind of thing. You two have never met? Well, then that's a little creepy, but I wouldn't take it literally.

Hmmm, when I read it in the original thread I had assumed you guys had climbed Rainier together and were buddies, it sounded like a buddy buddy kind of thing. You two have never met? Well, then that's a little creepy, but I wouldn't take it literally.

Not creepy, just rude. Like Bug talking shit about your climbing partner within earshot of you. Or posting threads about other people. You know, things assholes do.

Not creepy, just rude. Like Bug talking shit about your climbing partner within earshot of you. Or posting threads about other people. You know, things assholes do.

What exactly did you mean by, "I should have caped your ass on interglacier"?

Sounds pretty violent to me. One could think that you don't know how to spell "capped" which means "murdered".

Or did you mean something else?

Right?

Still spending time at the Horse farm in Enumclaw Bug? Still stealing from the Church?

Since you've never met me, and clearly don't know me, why don't you stop making shit up about me Bug? The closest I've come to violence in years was being threatened by 2 Indian unlicensed, unofficial, cab drivers who were trying to abduct me.

"I should have caped your ass on interglacier"

Are you saying that you did not post this?

Because on my computer it shows up as one of your posts.

Since you are right about the part that I don't know you at all, all I have to go on is that you posted that you "should have caped your (my) ass on interglacier".

Do you not understand how that might be construed as a violent thought and a violent post?

And if I did talk crap about your partner, you should have said something.

Because the only thing I can make of this is that you were up there with Feck.

Feck and I have a history on this site that was confrontational without threatening each other with violence.

And I would not want any harm to come to him.

If I said something that was not true, I would be happy to apologize.

Check your facts.

Bug-

You continually prove yourself immune to the sarcasm and irony that load my posts. Please, for the love of god, stop before you kill again.

You really molesting the Marmots up there? Cause I heard PhoQ has PETA on speed dial. BTW, you do dish it out Keith, but Hugh, Off White nailed it for me. I figured you were partners...hearing you've never climbed together...creepy dude.

MOVE AWAY FROM THE MARMOTS SIR!

Uh, yeah, what he said, Bug.

I would have thought the sarcasm that is revealed in continuity throughout Hugh's posts would allay any real fear of violence.

Unless, you're simply a dullard, paranoid...

or, acting in a thin-veiled disingenuous manner with the aim of passive-aggressive harm.