2nd Amendment restored in National Parks

Fairweather

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to have a gun in the national park to defend yourself against bears and bad bad people... :rolleyes:

Here's a true story recounted to a group I was part of by a judge in Arizona.

Cactus Gets Revenge on Rifleman.

David Grundman and his roommate James Joseph Suchochi are a couple of riflemen in Arizona, who go out into the desert to shoot Saguaro cactus' just for the fun of it. Grundman shoots a cactus until it falls. Then he decides to shoot another one because that first one fell to easy. His next victim was a 26ft tall cactus. He shot the cactus a couple of times, and the cactus ended up falling on him crushing him to death with its piercing needles/spines.

It seems guns don't always preserve your life and freedom.

Even if they had lived, shooting, or moving Saguaro cactus without a permit is a crime.

Good news for those who (really) care about The Bill of Rights:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28072607/

YEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

now I don't have to worry about being raped and robed on the Muir!

LLLLLLLLLLONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGL LLLLLLLLLLLLLIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Very cool news indeed, though I won't be carrying while climbing... but DEFINITELY when visiting parks in AK, MT, etc.

I work out in the outback pretty regularly and never carry a rife. So I'm curious - why do you feel you need the handgun?

I know what your thinkin Mr Black Bear, Did he fire 6 shots, or only 5! And this being a .44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and can blow your head clean off, you gotta ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

Go ahead, make my day..

Very cool news indeed, though I won't be carrying while climbing... but DEFINITELY when visiting parks in AK, MT, etc.

No, you probably won't. The restrictions go park by park, and I doubt that Denali NP, for example, given their appropriate 'wildlife comes first' policy, is going to suddenly cater to dumbshit yahoos who don't know how to travel safely in bear country.

My advice if you're too lazy or stupid to learn how to travel safely in bear country is to stay in the safe little toy parks where there are none.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

So you're gonna shoot people who 'loiter' at trailheads?

Gee, I feel better already.

Fortunately, most National Parks will likely continue to have the good sense to deny you ass clowns your weaponry for the protection of the rest of us.

If it'll reduce the number of people wearing shorts over polypro, I'm for it.

I'd guess that bears aren't the reason that people would see fit to carry a gun in a national park--trail head loiterers of the local variety are.

So lets say Mr A decides to go for a hike in the park. His friend, who has the car, decides to go bird watching or hike on a different trail. The two work out an agreement so Mr A gets dropped off with a set pickup time. Mr A hikes faster than planned and or his friend doesn't keep track of time.

The result is Mr A ends up loitering in the parking lot. Along comes Fairweather with his big fucking gun. He sees Mr A and thinks, "that fellow is loitering. Loiterers are a threat to my freedom." Fairweather then pulls out his big fucking gun and prevents any harm from coming to him by hitting Mr A in the throat and heart with two big bullets.

His buddy KKK yells from the passenger seat, "Good show! Lets drive to another parking lot."

I'd guess that bears aren't the reason that people would see fit to carry a gun in a national park--trail head loiterers of the local variety are.

So lets say Mr A decides to go for a hike in the park. His friend, who has the car, decides to go bird watching or hike on a different trail. The two work out an agreement so Mr A gets dropped off with a set pickup time. Mr A hikes faster than planned and or his friend doesn't keep track of time.

The result is Mr A ends up loitering in the parking lot. Along comes Fairweather with his big fucking gun. He sees Mr A and thinks, "that fellow is loitering. Loiterers are a threat to my freedom." Fairweather then pulls out his big fucking gun and prevents any harm from coming to him by hitting Mr A in the throat and heart with two big bullets.

His buddy KKK yells from the passenger seat, "Good show! Lets drive to another parking lot."

Don't be a douche, you and your buddy TTK know exactly what I meant by 'loiterer'. Have you seen some of the folks that frequent trail heads in and around ONP? The fact is I don't carry a gun in the back country, but my right to do so does not become infringed simply because you or TTK feel uncomfortable. I'm not sure what you're worried about--seems you rarely venture out anymore.