Who will Paulson pick to buy Citibank

Hugh Conway

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you Played guitar and joined a band to get the chics,not to be fag humped by a bunch of loosers who cant get a date and just had their first beer,or maybe the gig is at Hamburger Marys and the crowd is gay?

Hell i must be getting to old,and don't understand young people any more!

Edited by pc313

and the answer is YOU! THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER!

spin this anti-Detroit bailout shills: a bank failing because of it's own dumbass decisions is bailed out at a premium - $10 warrant, $4 share price by the American taxpayer.

Here we are, picking winners and losers

There's nothing to spin here, Hugh. I'm against this bailout as well. I wrote my congressman, my senators, and both presidential candidates when the TARP was initially considered. I got canned replies about how the first variant was bad, but the one full of pork a week later was the best bill they could come up with... Anyone who voted for the TARP did not get my vote (and my senators won't get my vote the next time they're up for reelection). That's about all I can do.

Whatever your preferred solution to this entire mess is, I hope you're doing something similar.

P.S. The idea of bailing out Detroit still sucks donkey dick... :hcluv:

spin this anti-Detroit bailout shills: a bank failing because of it's own dumbass decisions is bailed out at a premium - $10 warrant, $4 share price by the American taxpayer.

There's nothing to spin here, Hugh. I'm against this bailout as well. I wrote my congressman, my senators, and both presidential candidates when the TARP was initially considered. I got canned replies about how the first variant was bad, but the one full of pork a week later was the best bill they could come up with... Anyone who voted for the TARP did not get my vote (and my senators won't get my vote the next time they're up for reelection). That's about all I can do.

Whatever your preferred solution to this entire mess is, I hope you're doing something similar.

the only thing is that this is about 4 years too late...

Somali Pirates in Discussions to Acquire Citigroup

By Andreas Hippin

November 20 (Bloomberg) -- The Somali pirates, renegade Somalis known for hijacking ships for ransom in the Gulf of Aden, are negotiating a purchase of Citigroup.

The pirates would buy Citigroup with new debt and their existing cash stockpiles, earned most recently from hijacking numerous ships, including most recently a $200 million Saudi Arabian oil tanker. The Somali pirates are offering up to $0.10 per share for Citigroup, pirate spokesman Sugule Ali said earlier today. The negotiations have entered the final stage, Ali said.

"You may not like our price, but we are not in the business of paying for things. Be happy we are in the mood to

offer the shareholders anything," said Ali.

The pirates will finance part of the purchase by selling new Pirate Ransom Backed Securities. The PRBS's are backed by the cash flows from future ransom payments from hijackings in the Gulf of Aden. Moody's and S&P have already issued their top investment grade ratings for the PRBS's.

Head pirate, Ubu Kalid Shandu, said: "We need a bank so that we have a place to keep all of our ransom money. Thankfully, the dislocations in the capital markets has allowed us to purchase Citigroup

at an attractive valuation and to take advantage of TARP capital to grow the business even faster."

Shandu added, "We don't call ourselves pirates. We are coastguards and this will just allow us to guard our coasts better."

the only thing is that this is about 4 years too late...

1411371g93m73o43l18bha73433b70b341e54.jpg