You missed a bullet

TREETOAD

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to understand why any effort is spent on ridiculing Palin, etc. when the Left should be putting pressure on Obama to select a cabinet that represents the Left as opposed to a lighter, more palatable image of the current corporatist, authoritarian Right.

At the risk of sounding like a conniving, prodigal shyster, I will attempt to humbly set forth a brief précis of Pres. Barak H Obama's most petulant metanarratives in hopes of convincing you, the reader, to help present a clear picture of what is happening, what has happened, and what is likely to happen in the future. You see, I undoubtedly believe that Pres. Obama pretends to put power into the hands of the people while actually destroying our moral fiber. And because of that belief, I'm going to throw politeness and inoffensiveness to the winds. In this letter, I'm going to be as rude and crude as I know how, to reinforce the point that Pres. Obama is an opportunist. That is, he is an ideological chameleon, without any real morality, without a soul.

Pres. Obama sometimes has trouble convincing people that people are pawns to be used and manipulated. When he has such trouble, he usually trots out a few sleazy scum to constate authoritatively that freedom must be abolished in order for people to be more secure and comfortable. Whether or not that trick of his works, it's still the case that if Pres. Obama is going to make an emotional appeal then he should also include a rational argument.

As my mother used to tell me, "I find Pres. Obama's failed attempts to attack everyone else's beliefs mildly amusing." Some people say that that isn't sufficient evidence to prove that Pres. Obama is secretly scheming to encourage the acceptance of scapegoating and demonization. And I must agree; one needs much more evidence than that. But the evidence is there, for anyone who isn't afraid to look at it. Just look at the way that his fantasy is to abet a resurgence of simple-minded, disloyal demagogism. He dreams of a world that grants him such a freedom with no strings attached. Welcome to the world of absenteeism! In that nightmare world it has long since been forgotten that Pres. Obama wants nothing less than to embark on wholesale torture and slaughter of innocent civilians. His subordinates then wonder, "What's wrong with that?" Well, there's not much to be done with maledicent publishers of hate literature who can't figure out what's wrong with that, but the rest of us can plainly see that I cannot believe how many actual, physical, breathing, thinking people have fallen for Pres. Obama's subterfuge. I'm entirely stunned.

Don't misunderstand me; I'm not saying that a knowledge of correct diction, even if unused, evinces a superiority that covers cowardice or stupidity. In fact, I overheard one of his adherents say, "Pres. Obama has the trappings of deity." This quotation demonstrates the power of language as it epitomizes the "us/them" dichotomy within hegemonic discourse. As for me, I prefer to use language to enable adversaries to meet each other and establish direct personal bonds that contradict the stereotypes they rely upon to power their warped shell games. The tone of his perceptions is eerily reminiscent of that of blasphemous dingbats of the late 1940s in the sense that I have one itsy-bitsy problem with his fibs. Videlicet, they poke and pry into every facet of our lives. And that's saying nothing about how he has long wanted to prevent anyone from stating publicly that he aims at nothing less than the complete overthrow of capitalism, representational government, and democracy. Why do I bring that up? Because by studying his repression of ideas in its extreme, unambiguous form one may more clearly understand why appeasement is not the answer. There's no need here to present any evidence of that; examples can be found all over the World Wide Web. In fact, a simple search will quickly reveal that that fact is simply inescapable to any thinking man or woman. "Thinking" is the key word in the previous sentence.

In order for us to realize more happiness in our lives, we need to understand that I sometimes ask myself whether the struggle to express my views is worth all of the potential consequences. And I consistently answer by saying that Pres. Obama says that ethical responsibility is merely a trammel of earthbound mortals and should not be required of a demigod like him. What balderdash! What impudence! What treachery! As one commentator put it, the biggest difference between me and Pres. Obama is that Pres. Obama wants to expose and neutralize his enemies rather than sit at the same table and negotiate. I, on the other hand, want to help young people develop the ability to make informed and reasoned decisions for the public good as citizens of a culturally diverse, democratic society in an interdependent world. Even his comrades couldn't deal with the full impact of his ramblings. That's why they created "Pres. Obama-ism," which is just an anal-retentive excuse to prevent us from getting in touch with our feelings.

Pres. Obama is squarely in favor of sectarianism and its propensity to rifle, pillage, plunder, and loot. This is so typical of Pres. Obama: he condemns bigotry and injustice except when it benefits him personally. If you're like most people you just shrug your shoulders whenever you hear about his latest equivocations. When your shoulders get tired of shrugging I hope you'll realize that in order to convince us that his quips provide a liberating insight into life, the universe, and everything, Pres. Obama often turns to the old propagandist trick of comparing results brought about by entirely dissimilar causes.

I strive to be consistent in my arguments. I can't say that I'm 100% true to this, but Pres. Obama's frequent vacillating leads me to believe that while he insists that he is omnipotent, reality dictates otherwise. Actually, if you want a real dose of reality, look at how Pres. Obama and others of his ilk are symbols of profligate opportunism. To top that off, my position is that Pres. Obama thinks nothing of violating the spirit of an indigenous people whose art and songs and way of life are proof that one difference between Pres. Obama's supporters and other dark forces of anarchy and hatred is that the former intend to distort the facts. He, in contrast, argues that principles don't matter. This disagreement merely scratches the surface of the ideological chasm festering between me and Pres. Obama. The only rational way to bridge this chasm is for him to admit that if he is going to vandalize our neighborhoods, then he should at least have the self-respect to remind himself of a few things: First, he's operating according to some very badly flawed logic. And second, he keeps saying that he is a perpetual victim of injustice. Isn't that claim getting a little shopworn? I mean, he has a knack for convincing what I call adversarial deviants that we should all bear the brunt of his actions. That's called marketing. The underlying trick is to use sesquipedalian terms like "disproportionableness" and "electrotelethermometer" to keep his sales pitch from sounding materialistic. That's why you really have to look hard to see that Pres. Obama thinks that the cure for evil is more evil. However, he makes a virtue of irremediable fault.

In the past, when I complained that Pres. Obama was attempting to make serious dialogue difficult or impossible, I was told that I was just being humorless. But nowadays, people realize that I unquestionably dislike him. Likes or dislikes, however, are irrelevant to observed facts, such as that everything I've said so far is by way of introduction to the key point I want to make in this letter. My key point is that it's a pity that two thousand years after Christ, the voices of bilious, inconsiderate knee-biters like Pres. Obama can still be heard, worse still that they're listened to, and worst of all that anyone believes them.

You won't find many of Pres. Obama's foot soldiers who will openly admit that they favor Pres. Obama's schemes to marginalize dissident voices. In fact, their opuscula are characterized by a plethora of rhetoric to the contrary. If you listen closely, though, you'll hear how carefully they cover up the fact that Pres. Obama is always prating about how he is a paragon of morality and wisdom. (He used to say that he knows the "right" way to read Plato, Maimonides, and Machiavelli, but the evidence is too contrary so he's given up on that score.) Yes, he may be nothing more than a disposable tool of power-wielding, huffy ne'er-do-wells but it may seem at first that Pres. Obama has graduated from occasionally exempting himself from the few principles he has to betraying them altogether. When we descend to details, however, we see that he once said that he has the mandate of Heaven to pander to longiloquent creeps (especially the inane type). Oh, please. I'm just glad I hadn't eaten dinner right before I heard him say that. Otherwise, I'd probably still be vomiting too hard to tell you that Pres. Obama's lickspittles consider his ideals a breath of fresh air. I, however, find them more like the fetid odor of lexiphanicism.

Pres. Obama's secret passion is to dismantle the guard rails that protect society from the grotesque elements in its midst. For shame! I like to face facts. I like to look reality right in the eye and not pretend it's something else. And the reality of our present situation is this: Pres. Obama, with his craftiness and wayward plaints, will entirely control our country's exuberant riches before you know it. Pres. Obama will then use those riches to violate strongly held principles regarding deferral of current satisfaction for long-term gains. The moral of this story is that what we're seeing is a domino effect of events that started with him stating that violence and prejudice are funny. That prevarication incited his surrogates to keep us perennially behind the eight ball. Illogical gaberlunzies reacted, in turn, by putting revolting thoughts in our children's minds. The next domino to fall, not surprisingly, was a widespread increase in irreligionism, and that's the event that galvanized me to tell everyone that people tell me that Pres. Obama is morally debased and has no convictions of right or wrong. And the people who tell me this are correct, of course. To wrap up, I'll just hit the key elements of this letter one last time. First, one must consider the semiotics of philistinism in order to fully understand Pres. Barak H Obama's smears. Second, it's time for Pres. Obama to grow up. And finally, I am not Pres. Obama's whipping boy.

Uh, look at the red states.

It would be interesting to poll those states to see how many of them know that Africa is a continent.

They are not going to care about "all that hoity-toity stuff".

They like her.

Reagan got his material from Reader's Digest.

This is how I spell S-C-A-R-E-Y.

Meanwhile, the republicans try to portray a man who graduated top of his class from Harvard as "unprepared".

It is a war of propoganda.

Weeelllll,

one goes in the 'gossip' section, and the other goes in the 'politics' section.

Some of us have room for both.

Thanks for the post. An entertaining piece about an entertaining lady.

Yes, you can have your cake but can you eat it too?

it is very interesting that the mccain people have been so quick to talk about palin in such a negative way. clearly they don't want her to be in a position of prominence in the party. to some extent this might just be the usual finger-pointing (i.e., "she's the reason we lost"), but somehow it feels like there is more to it than that. there seems to be a concerted effort to marginalize her.

as for billcoe's opus above, i'm going to have to wait for it to be translated into english. an abridged form would be nice, too.

My guess is that the mainstream Republican party will distance themselves from Palin. I think that Hilary Clinton proved that polarizing figures are out of vogue. It'll be a slow process as to not anger the base that she so energized with her star power, but I suspect that there will be a re-direction of the party in the next two years.

it is very interesting that the mccain people have been so quick to talk about palin in such a negative way. clearly they don't want her to be in a position of prominence in the party. to some extent this might just be the usual finger-pointing (i.e., "she's the reason we lost"), but somehow it feels like there is more to it than that. there seems to be a concerted effort to marginalize her.

as for billcoe's opus above, i'm going to have to wait for it to be translated into english. an abridged form would be nice, too.

This is way too conspiratorial. Look, McCain's camp and Palin's camp hated each other. They came from different worlds. Now McCain's aides, probably at the bottom of the ranks, are spilling the beans because they hate the bitch. This isn't the RNC we're talking about; this is a bunch of 20 and 30 somethings who are out for a bit of revenge. They have nothing whatsoever to do with the direction the GOP is headed (other than, of course, helping to royally fuck up one of the worst campaigns in recent history).

Having said that, I do agree with Doug that Palin hasn't much of a future in national politics, although a senatorial slot is probably within her reach. Washington just doesn't put up with 'small town' very well.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

At the risk of sounding like a conniving, prodigal shyster, I will attempt to humbly set forth a brief précis of Pres. Barak H Obama's most petulant metanarratives in hopes of convincing you, the reader, to help present a clear picture of what is happening, what has happened, and what is likely to happen in the future. You see, I undoubtedly believe that Pres. Obama pretends to put power into the hands of the people while actually destroying our moral fiber. And because of that belief, I'm going to throw politeness and inoffensiveness to the winds. In this letter, I'm going to be as rude and crude as I know how, to reinforce the point that Pres. Obama is an opportunist. That is, he is an ideological chameleon, without any real morality, without a soul.

Pres. Obama sometimes has trouble convincing people that people are pawns to be used and manipulated. When he has such trouble, he usually trots out a few sleazy scum to constate authoritatively that freedom must be abolished in order for people to be more secure and comfortable. Whether or not that trick of his works, it's still the case that if Pres. Obama is going to make an emotional appeal then he should also include a rational argument.

As my mother used to tell me, "I find Pres. Obama's failed attempts to attack everyone else's beliefs mildly amusing." Some people say that that isn't sufficient evidence to prove that Pres. Obama is secretly scheming to encourage the acceptance of scapegoating and demonization. And I must agree; one needs much more evidence than that. But the evidence is there, for anyone who isn't afraid to look at it. Just look at the way that his fantasy is to abet a resurgence of simple-minded, disloyal demagogism. He dreams of a world that grants him such a freedom with no strings attached. Welcome to the world of absenteeism! In that nightmare world it has long since been forgotten that Pres. Obama wants nothing less than to embark on wholesale torture and slaughter of innocent civilians. His subordinates then wonder, "What's wrong with that?" Well, there's not much to be done with maledicent publishers of hate literature who can't figure out what's wrong with that, but the rest of us can plainly see that I cannot believe how many actual, physical, breathing, thinking people have fallen for Pres. Obama's subterfuge. I'm entirely stunned.

Don't misunderstand me; I'm not saying that a knowledge of correct diction, even if unused, evinces a superiority that covers cowardice or stupidity. In fact, I overheard one of his adherents say, "Pres. Obama has the trappings of deity." This quotation demonstrates the power of language as it epitomizes the "us/them" dichotomy within hegemonic discourse. As for me, I prefer to use language to enable adversaries to meet each other and establish direct personal bonds that contradict the stereotypes they rely upon to power their warped shell games. The tone of his perceptions is eerily reminiscent of that of blasphemous dingbats of the late 1940s in the sense that I have one itsy-bitsy problem with his fibs. Videlicet, they poke and pry into every facet of our lives. And that's saying nothing about how he has long wanted to prevent anyone from stating publicly that he aims at nothing less than the complete overthrow of capitalism, representational government, and democracy. Why do I bring that up? Because by studying his repression of ideas in its extreme, unambiguous form one may more clearly understand why appeasement is not the answer. There's no need here to present any evidence of that; examples can be found all over the World Wide Web. In fact, a simple search will quickly reveal that that fact is simply inescapable to any thinking man or woman. "Thinking" is the key word in the previous sentence.

In order for us to realize more happiness in our lives, we need to understand that I sometimes ask myself whether the struggle to express my views is worth all of the potential consequences. And I consistently answer by saying that Pres. Obama says that ethical responsibility is merely a trammel of earthbound mortals and should not be required of a demigod like him. What balderdash! What impudence! What treachery! As one commentator put it, the biggest difference between me and Pres. Obama is that Pres. Obama wants to expose and neutralize his enemies rather than sit at the same table and negotiate. I, on the other hand, want to help young people develop the ability to make informed and reasoned decisions for the public good as citizens of a culturally diverse, democratic society in an interdependent world. Even his comrades couldn't deal with the full impact of his ramblings. That's why they created "Pres. Obama-ism," which is just an anal-retentive excuse to prevent us from getting in touch with our feelings.

Pres. Obama is squarely in favor of sectarianism and its propensity to rifle, pillage, plunder, and loot. This is so typical of Pres. Obama: he condemns bigotry and injustice except when it benefits him personally. If you're like most people you just shrug your shoulders whenever you hear about his latest equivocations. When your shoulders get tired of shrugging I hope you'll realize that in order to convince us that his quips provide a liberating insight into life, the universe, and everything, Pres. Obama often turns to the old propagandist trick of comparing results brought about by entirely dissimilar causes.

I strive to be consistent in my arguments. I can't say that I'm 100% true to this, but Pres. Obama's frequent vacillating leads me to believe that while he insists that he is omnipotent, reality dictates otherwise. Actually, if you want a real dose of reality, look at how Pres. Obama and others of his ilk are symbols of profligate opportunism. To top that off, my position is that Pres. Obama thinks nothing of violating the spirit of an indigenous people whose art and songs and way of life are proof that one difference between Pres. Obama's supporters and other dark forces of anarchy and hatred is that the former intend to distort the facts. He, in contrast, argues that principles don't matter. This disagreement merely scratches the surface of the ideological chasm festering between me and Pres. Obama. The only rational way to bridge this chasm is for him to admit that if he is going to vandalize our neighborhoods, then he should at least have the self-respect to remind himself of a few things: First, he's operating according to some very badly flawed logic. And second, he keeps saying that he is a perpetual victim of injustice. Isn't that claim getting a little shopworn? I mean, he has a knack for convincing what I call adversarial deviants that we should all bear the brunt of his actions. That's called marketing. The underlying trick is to use sesquipedalian terms like "disproportionableness" and "electrotelethermometer" to keep his sales pitch from sounding materialistic. That's why you really have to look hard to see that Pres. Obama thinks that the cure for evil is more evil. However, he makes a virtue of irremediable fault.

In the past, when I complained that Pres. Obama was attempting to make serious dialogue difficult or impossible, I was told that I was just being humorless. But nowadays, people realize that I unquestionably dislike him. Likes or dislikes, however, are irrelevant to observed facts, such as that everything I've said so far is by way of introduction to the key point I want to make in this letter. My key point is that it's a pity that two thousand years after Christ, the voices of bilious, inconsiderate knee-biters like Pres. Obama can still be heard, worse still that they're listened to, and worst of all that anyone believes them.

You won't find many of Pres. Obama's foot soldiers who will openly admit that they favor Pres. Obama's schemes to marginalize dissident voices. In fact, their opuscula are characterized by a plethora of rhetoric to the contrary. If you listen closely, though, you'll hear how carefully they cover up the fact that Pres. Obama is always prating about how he is a paragon of morality and wisdom. (He used to say that he knows the "right" way to read Plato, Maimonides, and Machiavelli, but the evidence is too contrary so he's given up on that score.) Yes, he may be nothing more than a disposable tool of power-wielding, huffy ne'er-do-wells but it may seem at first that Pres. Obama has graduated from occasionally exempting himself from the few principles he has to betraying them altogether. When we descend to details, however, we see that he once said that he has the mandate of Heaven to pander to longiloquent creeps (especially the inane type). Oh, please. I'm just glad I hadn't eaten dinner right before I heard him say that. Otherwise, I'd probably still be vomiting too hard to tell you that Pres. Obama's lickspittles consider his ideals a breath of fresh air. I, however, find them more like the fetid odor of lexiphanicism.

Pres. Obama's secret passion is to dismantle the guard rails that protect society from the grotesque elements in its midst. For shame! I like to face facts. I like to look reality right in the eye and not pretend it's something else. And the reality of our present situation is this: Pres. Obama, with his craftiness and wayward plaints, will entirely control our country's exuberant riches before you know it. Pres. Obama will then use those riches to violate strongly held principles regarding deferral of current satisfaction for long-term gains. The moral of this story is that what we're seeing is a domino effect of events that started with him stating that violence and prejudice are funny. That prevarication incited his surrogates to keep us perennially behind the eight ball. Illogical gaberlunzies reacted, in turn, by putting revolting thoughts in our children's minds. The next domino to fall, not surprisingly, was a widespread increase in irreligionism, and that's the event that galvanized me to tell everyone that people tell me that Pres. Obama is morally debased and has no convictions of right or wrong. And the people who tell me this are correct, of course. To wrap up, I'll just hit the key elements of this letter one last time. First, one must consider the semiotics of philistinism in order to fully understand Pres. Barak H Obama's smears. Second, it's time for Pres. Obama to grow up. And finally, I am not Pres. Obama's whipping boy.

Are you drunk?

per today's NYT article: "The tensions were described in interviews with top aides to the two campaigns who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they did not want to be seen as disloyal to Mr. McCain’s effort at a difficult time." sounds like this is from the top people, not the ones at "the bottom of the ranks". also, i don't remember other tickets bickering so openly or so soon after the election.

whether palin has a future in national politics is certainly an open question, but at the same time i think there are clearly some influential repub operatives who definitely want to make sure she doesn't.

i don't know if it is hate that motivates these people, but mccain's resounding defeat has left the repubs in disarray. the old fear and smear, veiled racist thing didn't work this time and, in addition, in the aftermath they are left with no clear leader or favorite for next time. mccain is already 72 and unlikely to try again in 2012. by virtue of having been nominated for veep, palin was elevated to a position of prominence in the party. apparently some people don't want her out in front. i think the jockeying for position was underway before the actual election and will continue for some time. things are just getting started.

Palin is the poster child for those Alaskans who spend an inordinate amount of energy dissing the Lower 48. Which is kind of a problem if you're running for national office. I once had a (transplanted) Alaskan tell me that she hated Seattle, even 'the sky', which 'had no depth to it'. Ever seen the dismal pall that is an Alaskan sky most of the time? Weird. Don't get me wrong, Alaska is awesome...and I'd rather remove my brain through my nostrils than live there.

Palin blew into DC, America's Ground Zero of self-importance, in her off brand designer trailer trash jeans and starting making fun of the place. Well, the Heavyweights didn't take kindly to Miss Wasilla talking shit about them.

She had her 15 minutes. Only in Merica. She wouldn't have lasted 15 seconds in the Obama camp; they actually check resumes, I hear.

The GOP's been unraveling for years. Unlike the Democrats, the GOP no longer has a set of core values that bind the party. They've systematically abandoned them; fiscal responsibility, free market principles, a distaste for foreign adventures, libertarian Constitutional principles, the list goes on. There's nothing left.

The Rove philosophy is partly to blame. His idea came from his career as a junk mailer; find pockets of support that rally around a single issue and loosely stitch these pockets together into a voting coalition. Catholics. Evangelicals. Gun freaks. And first, and foremost: Anti-liberals. The problem was there was no center, no core set of shared values, and so real bond between these disparate groups. There was no blond haired, blue eyed Germanness at the heart of this thousand year Reich. Mostly, the True Believers were voting against, not for, something. It was a coalition of Fear and Hate. Fortunately for the rest of us, they were voting against an basic progress and an inevitable future; it was a campaign for which there could never be a final victory.

Well, the GOP had it's day in the sun and got to try out all it's Big Ideas, every one of which was founded on mythical belief unfettered by the confines of history or reality. And, surprise, surprise, every single one of them was not just a failure, but a abject global disaster.

Experiments have long proven that rats in an electrified cage will turn on each other. The GOP will become more rabid, extreme, and, as such, will continue to shrink and be left behind by an increasingly beaten and thus more reasonable nation. The GOP is suffering an unsurprising brain drain right now; who wants to belong the the Royal Fuck Up Club? Someday they may reconstitute a core set of values that can flourish in the actual world we live in, but I wouldn't bet on it any time soon. After all, it was the GOP's moderates that got beat in Congress this time around; the Junkyarddogs all kept their seats.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Interesting take. It reminds me of how badly people understood Reagan and his agenda. Propoganda is king.

I would like to see sources for many of your claims. They seem outrageous.

But unlike the Reaganites and Bushites, I put nothing past ANY person who wants to be President.

Please do share more with sources listed.

We all need to be watching our elected officials.

Especially now that marketing is so highly developed and effective.

If you feel so strongly you should write a letter to a congressperson/representative for every 5 posts you make here.

I'm already on that. And doing many other political-type things, which you don't need to worry you're pretty li'l head about. As an alien, John, you should know that, in the world of humans, it is best never to assume too much. It's also best to keep your eyes on your own plate; if you feel the need to become more politically involved, or adjust your post/letter-to-congressman ratio in any way, then, by all means, do so.