Rogers Corner and BOC bolts.

DRep

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to stick with climbing on this one.

The truth of the matter is that Index, while natural in feel, has been heavily maintained by climbers for years. As such placing bolts for rap and belay shouldn't be a big deal. The whole ethic should be to maintain the area for climbers while keeping and preserving features such as trees. In order to show some respect trees need to be pruned properly when possible to remove interference with routes or removed entirely when pruning can not achieve the above goal. Leaving a wad of slings around a tree for years is ugly and a form of tree torture.

Now if I saw bolts next to cracks for intermediate anchors I'd want to get out the crowbar.

I like Dawg's suggestion of sporting, oh wait, he would never 'sport'....outfitting yourself with matching "tre-bark" slings and lycra outfit (available at Cabela's) to minimize visual impact.

"Dawg, is that you or just another tree standing in front of that tree?"

With enough customer feedback, Cabelas might even come out with tre-granite lycra and matching post-it style 'bolt flaps' to chamoflage these intrusive metallic monstrosities. Get on it, Dawg!

Yes, folks, clever Dawg's found yet another way to remain practically invisible.

No Jefe, that's not Raindawg, rather it's one of his twelve standard images, a little better than Fierce-Rabbi-Guy, not quite as charming as Mr-Excited-To-Be-On-Via-Ferrata boy, and not nearly as cute as the girl in front of the Blissful-Hippy-Crowd.

FYI, "Off-White", it's Yacov Smirnoff, the comedian who made a career out of telling jokes about the Soviet Union. He's still very funny.

e.g.:“In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One.”

"In America you can always find a party. In Russia the party always finds you."

"America! What a country! Everything is so convenient!When I want eggs, there's egg powder.When I want milk, there's milk powder. Just yesterday I was in the store and I saw baby powder!!

What a country!"

YakovSmirnoff.jpg

You want Fierce-Rabbi-Guy?

rabbi_weiss.jpg

How 'bout Via Ferrata Boy??? (Lookin' right at YOU, Off! Yup, right at Y-O-U!)

Yes_You_.gif

And while were at it, let's throw in a little BLT!

BLT_s.gif

How 'bout some Big Lou?

HRH_Lou.jpg

And let's not forget, the incomparable "Big Wall Thomas Stoppard":

stopface.gif

Hippies you want??? Go get 'em!

hippies.gif

Those are some of my standard images...so far not a dozen, but here's one of my buddy "pope"'s favorites from the parking lot at Exit 38:

414forAlpineK.gif

:rolleyes:

its an interesting technique. showing the same images over and over and over and over and over till they are pounded in to your subconscious. i'm pretty sure there is some sort of pro-communist and anti-semite message hidden in them too. any vestige of humor attached to them has been lost long, long ago to me.

Wasn't there another Rabbi shot, more of a finger pointer than a palms to the chest posture? Oh, and how could I forget Hank the dwarf, Tom Stoppard, or Big Lou? There's also the Gert whoever's album cover. I didn't mention Mr Simmons on purpose, though that still didn't prevent a visitation. I'm pretty sure there's at least a dozen images in the catalog.

I dunno Porter, the stock images don't have shock value anymore, but they are a BBS version of comfort food, like psychic macaroni & cheese for those who want to revisit familiar territory. They're a visual representation of attitude, often a non verbal shorthand for disdain, derision and scorn. The Dawg prefers to avoid crude language, and often a picture is worth a thousand f words. Kevbone and Pink have worked at mining this oeuvre as well, but Raindawg must be acknowledged as the master.

Here's some of my personal favorites!

bums_wideweb__470x2840.jpg

bluepoodlecropped.jpg

dubya-scream_2.jpg

large_cross_elvis.gif