THE Tempest WALL

RICHARD_CILLEY

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you toprope it?
:lmao:

Nice cheap shot from another small-minded sport wanker. Pretty sure Mr. Cilley has climbed pitches you'll only dream about. I completely respect that he chooses to toprope where pricks like you would pound a line of bolts.

Maybe it'S just me, but you come off sounding like a bit of a prick there.

I think there are really only 4 hard rock routes in the enchantments that hold enough worthy stone for the motivated free-climber.

CBR-West Face (5.12a): barely holds its own in this category, an awesome line, amazing climbing, but barely more than 10 moves of 5.11 in its entirety. the warm up.

CBR-The Tempest Wall (project): when freed it will proabaly be the hardest climb in the enchantments, 12a-12d. While the roof pitch will be hard to forget, the rest of the route proabaly isn't much harder than 5.11b. It'll be good climbing through the headwall roofs and the easier crack pitches are good, but it just isn't sustained enough to be the best.

Dragontail-Dragons of Eden(project): I think this is the one. All it needs is a scrub, a couple of fixed pins, and a sender. Pitch two is five star quality, very aesthetic. The pitch 4 crux (unfreed on lead, reported as 12b) is awesome climbing too: funky face crux above the pillar, then classic thin fingers in a bottomless corner. The quality climbing continues up the great white headwall, with the 11b middle pitch being one of the wilder free pitches i've ever climbed (exposure!). Easy approach, easy descent, an aesthetic line, awesome hard freeclimbing, and a long finish will make this the classic hardperson freeroute.

Prusik Pk-Der Sportsmen (12a): I do beleive this one's waiting for a second ascent. This one could be a contender. Haven't been on it so i can't really comment, but the line is sick, the topo claims brooke sandhal 5.11 spicy, and the finish is supposed to be wild. Coming into shape right about now, so maybe in the next couple of weeks ill have more to say.

I think it's an exciting era for the enchantments. In the next couple of years these lines will likely be scrubbed and freed, heralded as the new classics. It's cool to think about them being linked-up, and besides der sportsmen, there isn't a bolt to be found anywhere (please lets not get into that tired uninformed "i heard" bullshit about der). Train hard and get hyped. Oh yeah, and wouldn't it just complete the puzzle if someone put up a hard rock route on Mt. Stuart and we could climb quality alpine 5.12 on each of the big 4.

cool, in the enchantments?

i know that there are hard 12's on some peaks of the cashmere crags, but i was focusing on long, super high-quality, 5.12's on the big 4 (stuart, prusik, cbr, and d-tail).

i remember hearing that doorish was banned from this website.

Guess it depends on your definition of long :laf:;)

I would talk to Craig... seems him or Burdo would at least have an idea of some possible additions to your list or could at least talk to Pete for you. Pete has been very very active in the Enchantments

I dont know about banning... based on what I know/have heard about Pete he is out still putting routes up (@ 59!) instead of wasting time here. That and Pete is so recluse I kinda doubt a BBS is his style. Maybe a mod could chime in?

i remember hearing that doorish was banned from this website.

I don't believe that's the case, I don't know that he's ever posted here, or on any climbing related BBS for that matter.

Dru had said he posted as Trask. Trask was banned...ergo...

Did you know that "gullible" is misspelled in most dictionaries? OMG!

Can you toprope it?
:lmao:

Nice cheap shot from another small-minded sport wanker. Pretty sure Mr. Cilley has climbed pitches you'll only dream about. I completely respect that he chooses to toprope where pricks like you would pound a line of bolts.

Jeez, dude...did you forget to take your meds?