RIF!

rob

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay -- first I get to train the outsourcing guys who are taking over, so I get to stick around another month or two.

Isn't that awesome? :rolleyes:

so, you're being executed and paid to dig your own grave first, metaphorically speaking? :tdown:

Sounds familiar... will they be sending your family a bill for the bullet as well? :tdown:

Yay -- first I get to train the outsourcing guys who are taking over, so I get to stick around another month or two.

so, you're being executed and paid to dig your own grave first, metaphorically speaking? :tdown:

Sounds familiar... will they be sending your family a bill for the bullet as well? :tdown:

too bad you don't have something else lined up. you could tell them to lick sack and leave w/ no notice.

Damn that's rough. They outsourced your job to some contractors ....because...?, I can't believe they'd save that much money as fucked up as it's gonna get after you mis-train the new monkeys. We worked with a company which eventually just gave up trying to make a product at all in this country and subbed it out to China. When they were Mfg. they hired near non-english speakers, immigrants from other countries, into purchasing jobs as the could pay them @ 10.00 an hour. It cost them much much more than they ever could have imagined or save on the salary and kept the plant in continual turmoil and conflict. What a Fed up situation they created by trying to shave a buck.

Good luck.

Yeah, too bad. Even if I do find another position in the company, and interview for it, and they give me an offer (pretty big IFs), the VP or my org won't even let me leave until I've finished training our replacements, which could be months from now -- which really makes it hard to look for a job, since I can't really start for a while. It's like being some place between life and death.

a) wait until the transition is over (months from now), then get 6 weeks to try and find a position within the company in a hurry, or get laid off and lose my stock awards

b) look for a job within the company while I'm on the transition team, and hope they don't mind that I can't actually start for several months.

c) leave the company NOW, and lose all my stock awards

what a mess :crazy:

Yeah, too bad. Even if I do find another position in the company, and interview for it, and they give me an offer (pretty big IFs), the VP or my org won't even let me leave until I've finished training our replacements, which could be months from now -- which really makes it hard to look for a job, since I can't really start for a while. It's like being some place between life and death.

a) wait until the transition is over (months from now), then get 6 weeks to try and find a position within the company in a hurry, or get laid off and lose my stock awards

b) look for a job within the company while I'm on the transition team, and hope they don't mind that I can't actually start for several months.

c) leave the company NOW, and lose all my stock awards

what a mess :crazy:

gotta love how companies always use you when you are important to them and toss you in the garbage as soon as you now longer matter to them. :noway: