"Playing the Race Card"

prole

Hell, I don't mind if racial issues are brought into the political arena. Substantive discussions on race in America are sorely lacking. What I hate is this asinine, utterly meaningless metaphor trotted out every time any kind of racial issue is raised no matter how trivial. "The race card", "Oooo, he's played the race card". Doesn't mean shit. Yet another indication that any capacity for meaningful mainstream political discourse in America was strangled at birth. John McCain's use of Bush's 2004 syphlitic-pitbull-on-crank style election strategies are pathetic. What a wanker.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, I don't mind if racial issues are brought into the political arena. Substantive discussions on race in America are sorely lacking.

This is really neat coming from someone who lives in the whitest city west of the Cascade Crest and attended the whitest public university in the pacific northwest. Please! By all means, tell us how it is! :rolleyes:

Hell, I don't mind if racial issues are brought into the political arena. Substantive discussions on race in America are sorely lacking. What I hate is this asinine, utterly meaningless metaphor trotted out every time any kind of racial issue is raised no matter how trivial. "The race card", "Oooo, he's played the race card". Doesn't mean shit. Yet another indication that any capacity for meaningful mainstream political discourse in America was strangled at birth. John McCain's use of Bush's 2004 syphlitic-pitbull-on-crank style election strategies are pathetic. What a wanker.

I have to agree with Prole on this one. What the fuck is this "race card" that's getting "pulled"?

"The race card" is white folks whining when they have nothing substantive to say.

I didn't expect McCain to fall back on this so early. The sight of Obama speaking before 200,000 American-flag-waving Euros last week while McCain met with 7 old ladies at a Safeway in Des Moines must've been too much to bear.

Are you ignoring the obvious again, Fairweather? We've seen a lot more about how Obama is muslim and swore in on the Koran and his wife is not proud of white America than we have about how he's being mistreated on account of his skin color. Clearly, it is those who favor McCain who have been playing the race card the most aggressively.

The really funny thing is when McCain called Obama an elitist and that he is out of touch…..WTF. McCain, the guy wearing the $500 loafers who owns 7 houses and has a hard time getting onto the internet is calling the guy who owns 2 houses and has a blackberry out of touch……

ahahahahahah

The really funny thing is when McCain called Obama an elitist and that he is out of touch…..WTF. McCain, the guy wearing the $500 loafers who owns 7 houses and has a hard time getting onto the internet is calling the guy who owns 2 houses and has a blackberry out of touch……

ahahahahahah

Wow! An intelligent post by KB! Knock me down with a feather!

Are you ignoring the obvious again, Fairweather? We've seen a lot more about how Obama is muslim and swore in on the Koran and his wife is not proud of white America than we have about how he's being mistreated on account of his skin color. Clearly, it is those who favor McCain who have been playing the race card the most aggressively.

Right, but Obama was the one who said he was going to be "post-racial" (whatever the fuck that is) and NOT bring race into the race. Yet, he has repeatedly over recent days.

So let me get this straight: "Playing the race card" is what happens when someone mentions race. We don't want that. Then when someone does mention race they can be accused of playing said card as a kind of rebuke so that no one mentions race again. Sounds like America needs to enter a 12-step program.