I'm gonna be soooo damn busy...

sobo

Some of you out there in cc.com land are aware that I was working pretty hard on a huge proposal for a big new railroad overpass project here in the Tri-Cities a few weeks ago. After submitting the proposal, we got short-listed to interview for the project.

Then there was the weekend spent preparing the PowerPoint presentation for the big interview. Then there was the big interview in front of the client. Then there were the second round eliminations. It was down to my firm and two others.

Then there were the third round eliminations. Then it was down to my firm and the competition's team. I've been sweatin' bullets for almost two weeks while the city pondered which team was the best for this $20 million bridge project. Found out about two hours ago that...

WE GOT IT!!!!1

The client wants a draft scope of work and fee estimate by COB tomorrow night.

I'm gonna be so damn busy...

I just wanted you all to know that if you never hear from me again, I'm not dead.

I'm just buried.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all, guys! Just finished quaffing the last beers I'll see for a few days weeks.

And Bill, we'll be designing a 4-lane roadway bridge... over the railroad yards of Pasco. So it's not a RR bridge, but a roadway bridge crossing the RR. And thanks for the well-wishing!

Congrats Paul! Hope ya make lots and build the best RR bridge the world has seen that outlasts your grandkids grandkids!

It can't be the best RR bridge the world has seen cuz that comes out of our office! PFFFFFFT!

Meh! :rolleyes:

Congratulations!!

The first time I was in Pasco I got left on a side rail about 5 miles out. I was 17 and riding the rails.

It would have been good if there was anything like a bridge that we could have seen. Put a flag pole on it.

Congratz Paul. My bro-in-law's firm did the historic Monroe St. Bridge reconstruction recently here in Spokane. Also one of my Structural Engineer bud's got to work on the Golden Gate reconstruction as his very first job back in the early 80s, when they replaced all the rivets, among other things.

When's construction start, and how long is long is your project scheduled to last?

Hopefully you get enough time away not only for family, but to climb and play and not turn into a pumpkin. Cheers!

:brew:

Bug-

That's way too cool. Where were you hoboing from/to? Ever get booted by The Man during your travels? :o

Steve-

What's your BIL's name and who does he work for?

Scheduled for construction in early 2011. Done by 2012.

Doubtful, but I'm hopeful, at least. :rolleyes:

HC-

Cash my check, will ya? :)