GM, ahead of the curve again

fear_and_greed

Wait, this is 2008 not 2004 or earlier when the smart people(Toyota)were making plans for the future.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aLWDllz9eIMk&refer=us

Rising gas prices? Boy that sure caught us by surprise. Yuk yuk.

Decades of second rate engineering, abysmal quality control and styling ques picked up from a kindergarden art class trash can will finally be the death of this rotting corpse.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, this is 2008 not 2004 or earlier when the smart people(Toyota)were making plans for the future.

Decades of second rate engineering, abysmal quality control and styling ques picked up from a kindergarden art class trash can will finally be the death of this rotting corpse.

Yeah, it's GM's fault that American's buy trucks/SUV's. :rolleyes:

No. They're just stupid for clinging on to the SUV dream and Americans are stupid for buying them. We'll see if the Chinese and Indians are any brighter as they go forward en masse towards higher rates of car ownership.

No. They're just stupid for clinging on to the SUV dream and Americans are stupid for buying them. We'll see if the Chinese and Indians are any brighter as they go forward en masse towards higher rates of car ownership.

Hummers and Jeeps are seen in Peking fairly regularly enough anyway to not surprise you after the first time you see one. However, the Chinese govt is currently subsidizing Petrol prices....we'll see how long that lasts.

It's amazing how Toyota manages to make money selling SUVs and cars

I saw several of these in the HOV lane yesterday on the drive south.

00025.jpg

I'm 4 months into that 10 month waiting list. These get to drive in the HOV lane STP or did they have passengers?

I'm curious about why you would buy this car. I looked into them and the milage is not so hot for such a little car. A Honda Civic does just as well with much more room. I saw two reviews in the NYT that said the thing had extremely poor handling and pickup, and not great milage. So what's up?

00025.jpg

I'm 4 months into that 10 month waiting list. These get to drive in the HOV lane STP or did they have passengers?

I'm curious about why you would buy this car. I looked into them and the milage is not so hot for such a little car. A Honda Civic does just as well with much more room. I saw two reviews in the NYT that said the thing had extremely poor handling and pickup, and not great milage. So what's up?

honda-vfr-800.jpg

great gas mileage, great pickup, great handling... and you at least might get thrown out of harms way in the event of a crash ... just sayin..

It's amazing how Toyota manages to make money selling SUVs and cars

unions???

00025.jpg

honda-vfr-800.jpg

great gas mileage, great pickup, great handling... and you at least might get thrown out of harms way in the event of a crash ... just sayin..

My wife's middle-schoolers would get a kick out of her pulling up to school with this, but it's hard to see how she could pile on all the work she brings home. Now only if that '89 Mazda she has would die already.

:blush: Gimme a min to grab my balls and protect them first and then I'll answer it.