Fox News on McClellan book

mattp

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Republicans....you mean the folks who push for tax breaks for the wealthy so the poor can benefit from the trickle down effect?

Funny, I'm in the middle class and I've benefited greatly from those tax cuts. You've heard of the child tax credit, right? Thanks, Newt!

and how is your infrastructure?

Actually, KK, I think Hugh was just being flippant. Either way, he certainly doesn't have the market cornered on bullshit accusations or epithets and, according you your pal Fairweather, I'm the elitist around here because I said he's being manipulated if he actually believes that the scientific community is in substantial debate over whether or not global warming is real.

i kid because i love. tacoma is another one of the jewels of the pnw. i hear the dale chihuly museum is awesome if you're into that sort of thing. and they even have a toyota truck named after the city! how cool is that? i wonder what McClellen thinks of tacoma?

Now where would the NW be without Tacoma. At the heart of Tacoma sits.

[font:Arial Black] Nalley Valley [/font]

The center of everything great....chili, pickles, potato chips, the list goes on.

16A.JPG

1900 acres of beauty

17B.JPG

ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!

Scott,

There are miserable creatures like you in every administration who don't have the guts to speak up or quit if there are disagreements with the boss or colleagues. No, your type soaks up the benefits of power, revels in the limelight for years, then quits, and spurred on by greed, cashes in with a scathing critique.

In my nearly 36 years of public service I've known of a few like you. No doubt you will "clean up" as the liberal anti-Bush press will promote your belated concerns with wild enthusiasm. When the money starts rolling in you should donate it to a worthy cause, something like, "Biting The Hand That Fed Me." Another thought is to weasel your way back into the White House if a Democrat is elected. That would provide a good set up for a second book deal in a few years.

I have no intention of reading your "exposé" because if all these awful things were happening, and perhaps some may have been, you should have spoken up publicly like a man, or quit your cushy, high profile job. That would have taken integrity and courage but then you would have had credibility and your complaints could have been aired objectively. You're a hot ticket now but don't you, deep down, feel like a total ingrate?

BOB DOLE

I never backed away from my reading of the Florida elections story. Bush won Florida in 2000. Period. All legitimate manners of recount have demonstrated this fact. I never recanted or changed my reading of the story in any way. As for human caused global warming, I've never said that a preponderance of scientists don't subscribe--what I have stated is that it is not settled science to the degree we should turn civilization on its head.

Edited by Fairweather

Fairweather, you are missing the point or making things up again. Go re-read that Florida thread. And these people who know me: are they the ones who told you I am a pothead and read the Stranger all the time? Give it up, buddy. Go back to calling somebody you don't know "fucking commie" or, if you want to talk about politics, I'd be glad to do that too.

And hey: earlier in this thread, I was sticking up for your "hood." I also said that you make some OK points once in a while. I'm sorry you are so tweaked that I said you've been manipulated but I honestly believe that the President lied about the war and those, including you, who supported it from the beginning were very clearly manipulated. How many times have you called me much worse?

Thanks Bob.

Now go back to sleep.

The Republican party you belonged to is long gone.

Do you remember Scoop Jackson? Where did his Democrat Party go?

I remember the parties that beleived in statesmanship and diplomacy.

Neither contemporary party embodies those values.

We should ALL be questioning EVERYTHING every politician says these days.

Following blindly is tacit approval.

I remember the parties that beleived in statesmanship and diplomacy.

Neither contemporary party embodies those values.

I'm not sure I remember a time when they were as pure as all that, but I agree: In many respects the Democrats are no better than the Republicans and the whole damn thing not only stinks but it is a disaster.

It'd be nice to think O'bama could take us in a new direction but even if he WERE inclined to try to do so, he'll almost certainly be tied to the trough and beat into submission -- even by members of his own party. Still, though, if we see more analysis of what has gone wrong with American politics, and despite JayB's rhetoric about nobility I think even a "tell all" book like McClellan's is part of that analysis, we may one day be able to engage in some reflection on what the nation should or could be.

The Republicans have drifted no farther to the right than the Democrats have left. Less so, IMO. I believe McCain is much closer to the center than Obama. In any event, American politics is really not much different now than it has been throughout our history. I'm still willing to bet McCain will clean up in November--if he picks a strong VP.