Dollie Llama putting the smack down on China?????

olyclimber

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004348334_webdalai14.html

"Dalai: ur smiles charm, ur actions harm."

Why doesn't the Dollie leave poor lil China alone?

"I like some of his ideas about nonviolence. But I think he is behind some of the violence in Tibet,"

....then i found this site!!! :o

http://www.newspiritualbible.com/index2

I never knew Tibetan Buddhism was so evil and violent! Obviously I'm just another deceived westerner.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the outrage from the left? This is a clear violation of their core beliefs.

he is a world leader, he is a major figure in world events that directly impact the usa, the religion he represents is poorly understand by americans and thus seeing him speak on it is educational from a social-studies perspective, his is not an evangelical faith nor is his visit to make converts or really even talk about buddhism at all.

i'd have the pope into my class as a guest speaker if i could and i hate fucking catholics. :)

Where is the outrage from the left? This is a clear violation of their core beliefs.

he is a world leader, he is a major figure in world events that directly impact the usa, the religion he represents is poorly understand by americans and thus seeing him speak on it is educational from a social-studies perspective, his is not an evangelical faith nor is his visit to make converts or really even talk about buddhism at all.

i'd have the pope into my class as a guest speaker if i could and i hate fucking catholics. :)

You're missing the point. Mister Llama is the appointed leader of a religion that used to run a country that was no more moral or democratic than the one that annexed it. The issue--for someone consistent with their beliefs--should be separation of church and state.

Just because someone is preaching peace and love doesn't mean the state should line our kids up for a parade.

Edited by Fairweather

Just because someone is preaching peace and love doesn't mean the state should line our kids up for a parade.

you're right! there's only one cause worth lining our kids up in the street for!

jews6.jpg

Pulling the nazi card is beneath you. You've been hanging around that idiot too much. Besides, we smacked those guys down pretty hard if I recall...

Edited by Fairweather

you're right! there's only one cause worth lining our kids up in the street for!

jews6.jpg

Pulling the nazi card is beneath you. You've been hanging around that idiot too much. Besides, we smacked those guys down pretty hard if I recall...

it's impossible to talk of people lining up in the streets and not think of all the reasons that states have done so in the past - the nazi example is the arche-type example, and hardly beneath me

you dismissed it as femlib, but really, of the reasons states line up the masses, which is better: for war and hate, or peace and love?

at any rate, what are you afraid of? that all those school chilluns will become dirty hippies? they most likely will remember for the rest of their lives that they saw someone so famous, and the experience will be a springboard to learn more deeply the issues involving buddhism, china, tibet, us relations with those 3, etc. - the alternative was spending another ho-hum, meaningless day doing something they won't remember even 24 hours later?

...So busing pupils en masse to see pope Benedict XVI would be OK too?

I would say yes. I don't believe in much these days, but meeting or seeing the Pope speak is something I would do. People like the Dalai Llama, the Pope, Desmond Tutu, etc... aren't just religious figures. These guys are significant world leaders.

BULLSHIT.

BULLSHIT.

care to elaborate, your worshipfullness?