WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE

RuMR

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, none of the quotes or historical references are footnoted. Nonetheless, I don't doubt much of it is substantively true.

Churchill was a bulldog of a fighter and rarely minced words when expressing his sharp opinions; it was these very attributes that saw England and its people through the years of hellfire rained down on them. It was this hard-nosed approach that allowed for his own people to be bombed into eternity rather than tip England's hand to the Nazis that they had broken their code.

Having spent time in Central Asian Muslim countries and witnessed much rhetoric poured forth from the mouths of Islamic leaders, I share much of the view espoused by Churchill. Are you inferring that my agreement with him on this makes me party to all of his views? Or, do you maintain that this assessment of his is void due to his other views?

I dare promise that there is nary a person, if all their deeds and thoughts were known, that could pass muster in regard to a life lived flawlessly allowing for the occupation of a high moral ground from which to speak. Hell, early on, Gandhi was a racist.

Nothing and everything is wrong with me.

How about you?

Of course, none of the quotes or historical references are footnoted. Nonetheless, I don't doubt much of it is substantively true.

Churchill was a bulldog of a fighter and rarely minced words when expressing his sharp opinions; it was these very attributes that saw England and its people through the years of hellfire rained down on them. It was this hard-nosed approach that allowed for his own people to be bombed into eternity rather than tip England's hand to the Nazis that they had broken their code.

Having spent time in Central Asian Muslim countries and witnessed much rhetoric poured forth from the mouths of Islamic leaders, I share much of the view espoused by Churchill. Are you inferring that my agreement with him on this makes me party to all of his views? Or, do you maintain that this assessment of his is void due to his other views?

I dare promise that there is nary a person, if all their deeds and thoughts were known, that could pass muster in regard to a life lived flawlessly allowing for the occupation of a high moral ground from which to speak. Hell, early on, Gandhi was a racist.

Nothing and everything is wrong with me.

How about you?

As stated in the article, the quotes are from an earlier period in Churchill's career as a colonial administrator. You find the footnotes if it's a problem for you. I thought that the quotes I used provided an interesting historical context for his comments on Islam. In this sense Churchill's comments on Islam (the one's you liked so much) resemble little more than ideological justification for Britain's earlier racist colonial expansion and later desire to maintain control over post-colonial states. What that has to do with Nazis, I'm not sure.

...Churchill's comments on Islam (the one's you liked so much) resemble little more than ideological justification for Britain's earlier racist colonial expansion and later desire to maintain control over post-colonial states. What that has to do with Nazis, I'm not sure.

Talk about a broad-brush.

Are you aware at all of The Great Game (a superb book) that was played out between Great Britain and Russia during the 18th century? It was all about the race between the two to control more land areas, strategic countries, and natural resources. It had NOTHING to do with the dissimilarities of people groups.

Methinks you protesteth too much (do you know what that implies?).

The "moderate" islamic folk will be easy to "eradicate" soon as the fanatics lose their grip. When people have some freedom, they usually want more.

Are we speaking about all of Islam here?

Yeah, all this racism is confusing. Clarification please!

YES, I SPEAK OF ALL AND KNOW ALL. EVERY WORD I SAY SHOULD BE TAKEN AS GOSPEL AND NOT AS A GENERAL STATEMENT OF OPINION. I HAVE NO TIME TO LIST THE MANY EXCEPTIONS THAT ALL PEON READERS WOULD LIKE INCLUDED.

Get real. A person can't make a general statement from their own observations or opinions anymore without lame-ass freaks jumping all over it and trying to "discredit" a basic opinion by saying that golly gee wilikers not every single instance could possibly be included/covered in this.

Yes, it is my general opinion, not only for people in Islam but for people all over the world, that human beings desire freedom. They will fight for it to the death. And every group of people that I have ever read about that has been oppressed by others (via religion, force, economic warfare, whatever) fight for more freedom.

The conclusion that Prole made that my opinion somehow makes me a racist is an interesting one. Have no clue how the followers of Islam suddenly became a race or how I (a person who believes that the introduction of freedoms into any oppressed group will change that group) suddenly became a racist. Especially against a group of people whom I put effort into understanding by reading their religious text and studying their language. I am confounded. So I guess it is me who needs the clarification.

It's been a while since anyone has flamed me, so here goes.

Since when is Islam a race? And since when do I HAVE to respect EVERY religion? Personally, I think religion is primitive. I believe everyone has the right to believe whatever the fuck they want, but that doesn't mean I have to pretend they're not crazy.

So sue me.

The "moderate" islamic folk will be easy to "eradicate" soon as the fanatics lose their grip. When people have some freedom, they usually want more.

Are we speaking about all of Islam here?

Yeah, all this racism is confusing. Clarification please!

YES, I SPEAK OF ALL AND KNOW ALL. EVERY WORD I SAY SHOULD BE TAKEN AS GOSPEL AND NOT AS A GENERAL STATEMENT OF OPINION. I HAVE NO TIME TO LIST THE MANY EXCEPTIONS THAT ALL PEON READERS WOULD LIKE INCLUDED.

Get real. A person can't make a general statement from their own observations or opinions anymore without lame-ass freaks jumping all over it and trying to "discredit" a basic opinion by saying that golly gee wilikers not every single instance could possibly be included/covered in this.

Yes, it is my general opinion, not only for people in Islam but for people all over the world, that human beings desire freedom. They will fight for it to the death. And every group of people that I have ever read about that has been oppressed by others (via religion, force, economic warfare, whatever) fight for more freedom.

The conclusion that Prole made that my opinion somehow makes me a racist is an interesting one. Have no clue how the followers of Islam suddenly became a race or how I (a person who believes that the introduction of freedoms into any oppressed group will change that group) suddenly became a racist. Especially against a group of people whom I put effort into understanding by reading their religious text and studying their language. I am confounded. So I guess it is me who needs the clarification.

POTD

Thank God we still have a normal person on this forum like Archie. :tup: Well, normal is relative. :grin:

this is kind of interesting

According to Fadi Hakura, an expert on Turkey from Chatham House in London, Turkey is doing nothing less than recreating Islam - changing it from a religion whose rules must be obeyed, to one designed to serve the needs of people in a modern secular democracy.

kinda like the christian religion during the reformation