Wa State Caucus

olyclimber

Excuses?

Yeah, having half your Achilles removed for surgery is real easy to bounce right back from. So is having a chisel inserted in your subtalar joint, and having your doc cut through a decade of scar tissue and scrape bone matter of the front of your talus.

It goes much deeper than what ails ya, Marylou. Let's see; you've got the "workin' all hours" excuse, the "why I didn't go to school" excuse, the "they don't pay theater workers enough" excuse, and, of course, it's all those evil, anti-union Republicans that done it to ya! I'm sure there are websites for recovering "athletes" like yourself, but please--stop trying to pass Marylou off as anything but a groupie.

Edited by Fairweather

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, that. That's actually YOU with your weird issues. Creepy!

I'm fine--working my way back from surgery, work's good, not feeling too misty or nostaligic about college OR the Rebublicans--those fuggers are on their way out in just a few months anyway.

If I'm a groupie, as you say, I'm a groupie for you and your incweddible insights! You and your brilliant mind got it goin' on, brah!

Yes. Motor Voter. Fighting appropriate voter ID at every turn and branding it as some form of intimidation. Do you believe non-citizens living in the United States should be allowed to vote?

Yet another FW bullshit fantasy.

Motor Voter does not specify how states register voters (they can use the same system they use now with the same ID requirements); it just specifies that ELEGIBLE people be offered the chance to register when they get/renew drivers licences. The primary purpose of the legislation was to make it easier for people, but most particularly disabled people, to vote. As there are still a majority of registered democrats in the country, it's easy to see why Fairweather and his kind would be patently against such legislation. It's classic suppression of the vote, a game they are all too familiar with.

See for yourselves:

Motor Voter Law

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I am flattered, but I thought you were battin' your lids at Tvashie these days. He's way smarter than anyone--musta been like dining with a God on Turkey Day.

Marylou and I have been friends for a few years now. Woman. Friend. I know it's a difficult concept for a misogynist. Friends having thanksgiving with friends. Fucking weird, huh?

She makes some damn fine mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, and creamed onions. Damn fine.

KK was just worried you might be vying to beat him to his big plan for a winter ascent of Tiger Mountain.

you're confusing me with trashcanlicker-speedascentracer-wannabe-dan-what'shisname

No, you've both refused a friendly, if tongue in cheek contest on that convenient and non-threatening suburban venue after much bragging about your physical superiority. You're both in the same poser category. "What's on your tick list?" Did you actually post that?

As for you sideways dig at "off the hook"s speed ascents, I don't know him personally but he is apparently a pretty fine athlete who's TR's never fail to give us all a good stoke. You're the only person on this site who's seen fit to trash him for it.

To the climbing community, you're both a joke.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

man, fairweather, you've got some serious hate going on. It's not healthy.

I feel sorry for you. I've met KK in person, he seemed like a nice enough guy. But you, I'm not so sure I want to meet.

Are you always so mean? It's sick; reading your posts makes me feel ill. :sick:

I feel sorry for you. I've met KK in person, he seemed like a nice enough guy. But you, I'm not so sure I want to meet.

I have met Fairweather and I didn't find him to be an unpleasant individual - face to face. We trade insults on line and indeed I've accused him of being over-the-top obnoxious in this very thread, but I bet you would do OK to meet him for cup of coffee or a beer.

I have met Fairweather and I didn't find him to be an unpleasant individual - face to face. We trade insults on line and indeed I've accused him of being over-the-top obnoxious in this very thread, but I bet you would do OK to meet him for cup of coffee or a beer.

someday I owe *you* a beer, Matt. :grin:

Hate? I don't think so, but there are a handful of avatars on this site I believe are beyond simple contempt. Why hide it? Why should I sit back and take insults without responding well beyond what you consider in-kind. I see Tvashtarketena is chiming in too, but I can't see any of his bile--I have had him on "ignore" for about a month. I'm sure his spew meets the balanced and civil standards you apply when meting out your admonishments. If losing the respect of people I don't know (like you) is the price I have to pay for jumping into the mud with pigs like Tvashtarketena and Maylou, well, regrettably, I'll just have to live with myself. Mister P can get my blood boiling, but beyond party politics, I know we share at least small pieces of common ground. There is no such common ground with Marytarkeloutena, and I am happy to take the gloves off. They deserve whatever replies they get--and I'm not the only one they piss off on a set schedule. Sorry I offended your delicate sensibilities. (Not). Tecumseh Sherman and Curtis Lemay would approve of my spray.

Hate? I don't think so, but there are a handful of avatars on this site I believe are beyond simple contempt. Why hide it? Why should I sit back and take insults without responding well beyond what you consider in-kind. I see Tvashtarketena is chiming in too, but I can't see any of his bile--I have had him on "ignore" for about a month. I'm sure his spew meets the balanced and civil standards you apply when meting out your admonishments. If losing the respect of people I don't know (like you) is the price I have to pay for jumping into the mud with pigs like Tvashtarketena and Maylou, well, regrettably, I'll just have to live with myself. Mister P can get my blood boiling, but beyond party politics, I know we share at least small pieces of common ground. There is no such common ground with Marytarkeloutena, and I am happy to take the gloves off. They deserve whatever replies they get--and I'm not the only one they piss off on a set schedule. Sorry I offended your delicate sensibilities. (Not). Tecumseh Sherman and Curtis Lemay would approve of my spray.

gorilla_beating_chest.gif

Now I'm ill.

Whew! Man, let it go. You should go hang out in the positive vibes thread for a bit. Post something good. :grin:

Well, just for fun, let's take a look at your standards versus mine, Fairweather.

You attack people's TRs. I don't.

You regularly use personal health conditions of individuals on this site to insult at a personal level (and no, I'm not referring to myself); I don't.

You're attacks make no attempt at humor; they are meant to be wholly personal and below the belt; mine are not.

You regularly make ridiculous and embarrassing feaux legal threats against individuals on this site; nuff said.

You actively seek personal information about people on this site for the sole purpose of providing ammunition for personal attacks; I don't.

You make little to no attempt to meet others on this site, either socially or for the purposes of climbing; I do.

You refuse to break bread with your 'enemies'; I do not.

You presume to 'know' people without ever having met them; I do not.

And finally, you take this way, way too seriously for you own good.

You obviously know that, dispite these and many differences, we share an interest in politics, history, and astronomy, among other subjects. You may take your shower now.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

You attack people's TRs. I don't.

You're attacks make no attempt at humor; they are meant to be wholly personal and below the belt; mine are not.

You actively seek personal information about people on this site for the sole purpose of providing ammunition for personal attacks; I don't.

You presume to 'know' people without ever having met them; I do not.

And finally, you take this way, way too seriously for you own good.

Actually, in fact, you do do all the things above that you claim you don't. :wave:

• 3 weeks later...
Well, it seems that ML is voting in accordance with the GOP majority is favoring Huckleberry with McCaine 2d followed closely by Ron Paul with the Mittster close i.e. about 60% of the elephants against their picked target. I agree that it would be a violation of ML went to a D. caucus then voted in the GOP primary and people were urged to not do this both on legal and ethical reasons.

This is the oath:Republican: I declare that I am a member of the Republican party and I have not participated and will not participate in the 2008 precinct caucus or convention system of any other party.

As long as she can say she was a member of the republican party at the time of the oath it is OK legally morally it is another question. Note you do not need to pay money contribute or do any affirmative action to be a member in WA although other states may differ.

Note bold above and below.

I did not attend any caucus today, nor will I be a delegate to the Democratic (or Republican) convention. My vote breaks no laws.

I am fine with being considered a Republican if it helps to get a losing candidate selected by the republicans.

Ironic that the party of cheating cheaters and lying liars might attempt to ever take the moral high ground. You guys are funny!

-sbqIyeed4g

:lmao:

The edifice of civilization quakes beneath the weight of this sinister treachery.

Next comes taking *all* the pennies from the "need-a-penny-take-a-penny" at the local gas station owned by a Republican donor, and from there it spirals off into a free-wheeling maelstrom of underhanded political subterfuge that climaxes twenty years hence...in defacing the sidewalk outside the party head-quarters by peeling-out with the 18-volt Medicare-funded three-wheel-scooter-with-a-basket-on-the-front on the way to the luncheon with the rest of the Red Hat Society ladies.

SABOTAGE!!!

Hey Fairweather is that actionable?! Should the Feds (or Texas State Troopers) take in Rush? (yeah right)

Let's hear your outrage Fairweather, man of principle!

Depends on the rules governing that state's elections. In any event, it's not a "federal" thing. Rush Limbaugh is a fucking douche bag for saying shit like this. If it's actionable, the Democrat Party should sue him.