Why do you go to the mountains?

sirwoofalot

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Bigfoot puts out every time.

so whats your excuse now???? there are now sasquatch in astralia :provoke:

i go to the mountains becuase it makes me feel more alive than anything else. because i always with out fail find my 'whatever' when i am there. it always slips away again so i have to go back and find it. it's like breathing.

I once sat on a prominent rock on the point of a ridge and gazed out over the valley in awe and wonder.

I looked down between my feet and there was a carmex jar. I opened it to find a nice little bud.

Ever since then, I have gone to the mountains to find Carmex jars.

... But you have to admit, its more difficult for a solo female, because they have to worry about SO many more safety issues with so many freaks and weirdos stalking around waiting to take advantage of you and then kill you.

Damn alpine stalkers. There goes the neighborhood. :noway:

... But you have to admit, its more difficult for a solo female, because they have to worry about SO many more safety issues with so many freaks and weirdos stalking around waiting to take advantage of you and then kill you.

Damn alpine stalkers. There goes the neighborhood. :noway:

you know the city is so much safer for a single a girl than the mountains.

They feel safer with the constant traffic that reminds them of walking around Greenlake.

That sounds pretty snarky, Matt. Since you mention Pilchuck, wasn't it two women who were murdered there last year? I'd venture to guess that women are assauted 100% more than men outdoors, particularly women alone. I'm just reading a book, Strange Piece of Paradise, about two girls cycling across the US in '77 who were attacked by an axe-weilding maniac in their tent as they slept (miraculously, they survived) in a state park near Bend, OR. The author actually does some research and, sadly, her attack--while sensational--is not that unusual for women in parks and secluded areas.