kevbone

voting poll  

72 members have voted

1. 1. voting poll

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it fucked up that out of 1.6 million registered voters in Iowa, only some 100k or so are expected to caucus?

Is it fucked up that caucuses only happen in the evening? That there are no absentee ballots? Soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan can't vote...

Is it fucked up that this is supposed to be the bellweather benchmark of whom the presidential candidates are supposed to be?

Is it fucked up that out of 1.6 million registered voters in Iowa, only some 100k or so are expected to caucus?

Is it fucked up that caucuses only happen in the evening? That there are no absentee ballots? Soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan can't vote...

Is it fucked up that this is supposed to be the bellweather benchmark of whom the presidential candidates are supposed to be?

Yes.

Some of the characteristics that her base seem to have qualms about - excessively calculating, etc - actually provide me with a substantial measure of reassurance concerning the kind of policies that she'd actually implement once she took office.

I've been willing to accept politicians who at least rhetorically address some of the concerns of the wackier elements of the Republican electorate for some time as a lesser-of-all-evils thing so long as they and their cabinet are more likely to champion policies that I support in more concrete ways, in areas that I consider more consequential.

However, when you've got a guy who's an isolationist economic flat-earther *and* has signaled his intention to cater to the wingnut contingent in the party way more than Bush has - that's just a bridge to far for me.

I'm voting for Ron Paul. Return to the gold standard! Yeah,that's what's important. What a freak. A friend of my wife told her this past weekend that she likes Ron Paul. Uncomfortable silence... And we thought we knew her!

That is funny. I don’t even know anyone who will vote Republican. I don’t see how one could go there....given this current President. I know they are all bad and corrupt....but WTF?

NBC is calling it for Huckabee.

If he wins the nomination (which he won't), I'll be voting for the Democratic candidate, unless it's Edwards.

I'll just sit it out if either Hukabee or Romney are the nominee. (I think Hukabee is the Howard Dean of the Republican field this round.) I'll plug my nose and vote Guliani if I have to, but I stand by my month's old belief that the finalist will be my favorite; McCain. Under no circumstances will I vote for one of the kook/whack-job Democrats.

NBC is calling it for Huckabee.

If he wins the nomination (which he won't), I'll be voting for the Democratic candidate, unless it's Edwards.

I'll just sit it out if either Hukabee or Romney are the nominee. (I think Hukabee is the Howard Dean of the Republican field this round.) I'll plug my nose and vote Guliani if I have to, but I stand by my month's old belief that the finalist will be my favorite; McCain. Under no circumstances will I vote for one of the kook/whack-job Democrats.

I'm also hoping that I have the opportunity to vote for McCain.

Under no circumstances will I vote for one of the kook/whack-job Democrats.

Sounds like you are the Kook/whack-job. You really would vote for Guiliani? He is President of 911.....thats all. He is one sick twisted mutha f*cker.

Why?

Guiliani was an authoritarian, megalomaniacal mayor, mostly devoid of democratic and bi-partisan instincts. He was deeply unpopular by 911, and saw a resurgence only due to his exploitation of that tragedy. Police brutality surged on his watch, and he made a habit of depriving the weak, poor and defenseless of what little they had.

His own children will not speak to him.

Most New Yorkers, especially those of us who lived under Benito's reign, will not even consider voting for the guy. I wish the rest of the country could know the reality that we knew.