• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Sherri

Show-and-Tell TR

That is all nice, but i crave more photos of sherri herself :) perhaps Sherri posing in front of the artwork!

I work alone, babe. Nobody taking pictures but me. Sorry. :(

Maybe if I had a big strong viking helper.... :/

How about a stout little German?

(Tell K in the loft that I'm kidding)

Very nice work Sherri!

How about a stout little German?

(Tell K in the loft that I'm kidding)

I'll tell her, Bug, but she's already got one. (Me. :grin: )

Wow Sherri, you are incredibly talented. I love your work.

I also like the little platform for the heart shaped rock.

Beautiful! When I win my millions, you can come and decorate all the many cabins I will build. :)

YOU guys are beautiful, too. :kisss: Thanks for the kind words--they go far in times like these(had a death in the family this week :( ).

Beautiful! When I win my millions, you can come and decorate all the many cabins I will build. :)

Hey that sounds like a sweet plan, Chad. Can I help build the cabins too? :wave:

Hey that sounds like a sweet plan, Chad. Can I help build the cabins too? :wave:

Careful, Chad. Sherri thumbs her nose at code compliance.

Careful, Chad. Sherri thumbs her nose at code compliance.

Creativty and code compliance are not mutually exclusive. I thumb my nose at lack of imagination.

Nor is one a substitute for the other.

If you're not smiling, there's something wrong.

;)jus' messin' witcha

Nor is one a substitute for the other.

If you're not smiling, there's something wrong.

;)jus' messin' witcha

I didn't mean to imply that they were. I just like making something functional into something beautifully functional. In the end, as far as code and craftsmanship goes, it usually ends up surpassing the spec way of doing things, IMHO.

Something is wrong. But I'm looking for that smile.

Sherri,

Maybe you should go ahead and re-shoot that stair railing photo and put the scale in there, as you opined in your PM. Perhaps that might sate DeC and cease his insinuations of code infractions, eh? :)

Sorry to hear about the passing in your family. I hope you start feeling better soon. :kisss:

Hugs, Sherri. Been thinking about you, sweetie! You've had a really rough week, but I know that beautiful smile of yours will be back! Take it easy and take care. :kisss:

Thanks, Rmncwrtr. We're hanging in there. :kisss:

On the note of "picking up the pieces," here's a couple projects which were done using almost all salvaged, leftover, and recycled materials. Something beautiful can often be found in something broken. :)

P1011093.JPG

P1011091.JPG

WOW! Amazing work.

I am closing down my construction buisness because of a move and when I set up shop again in the new state this is the exact things I am planing to do. Your pics get me excited to get back to work and truly inspire my work by thinking outside the box. I would love to see more pics and maby ask you some questions (buisness wise) sometime soon.

thad.

Thanks, Thad, and good luck on your move and new business! I hope you are able to do the sort of work that inspires you. :tup:

Here's one showing a little more fun-with-tile. The tile curves were cut using nothing fancier than a $100 MK 145 Tile Saw . And a lot of patience. :cool:

P1011098.JPG

After re-tiling my fireplace with slate during the holidays, I can definitely appreciate that detailed tile work, Sherri. Very nice job! :tup: