Good Sound Rocks

mattp

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the blue speakers are $18,000 and the yellow ones are $135,000. Unfortunately, those are a bit out of my price range right now, but they get good reviews!

I suppose some Bose products might be OK, but everything I have bought from them has been complete shite.

If you let me borrow those speakers I'll give you $50 for your ratty old rekkid player Matt ;)

the blue speakers are $18,000 and the yellow ones are $135,000. Unfortunately, those are a bit out of my price range right now, but they get good reviews!

I suppose some Bose products might be OK, but everything I have bought from them has been complete shite.

If you let me borrow those speakers I'll give you $50 for your ratty old rekkid player Matt ;)

IMG_1062.JPG

i got these 'puppies' built with high end focal drivers,(jmlabs utopia line) an external analog crossovers by forte accoustics and custom cabinets. weigh 200lbs a side. accurate and real bass and dynamics.! i also use a 15" custom subwoofer with a 500w amp for soundtracks or sacd.s..cost 1/5 of retail. close to those alexandrias....

A physics prof here at SFU designed and built his own tube dac. That's what you really need to give those CD's some life.

A part of the problem is that people compress the shit out of their recordings these days. There seems to be a battle of the loudest. Totally kills the dynamics of the music.

as to Bose: I don't pretend to know a lot about stereo's or sound, but I've read some of that crap on the web and it looke to me like it is in style to dislike all of their products just because it is cool. These 901's are pretty good, though, and it seems to me they are much more non-directional than other options without drilling your house full of holes and running cord all over the place for surround sound.

Porter: your pictures remind me of these babies I'm storing for somebody at present:

They sound really great, but to best appreciate them you have to orient them just right and then sit in just the best spot.

This is a large part of the beauty and superiority of Bose products. In the last few years, a significant number of musicians who perform in small clubs and bars (myself among them) have switched from conventional sound amplification systems to the Bose PAS. The sound quality, in every corner of any venue, is unparalleled.

Most sound reproduction/amplification systems are stuck in the middle of the last century. Instead of radial/omni-directional sound distribution allowing all in a room minimal dependence upon indirect sound waves, no matter their orientation/proximity to speaker cabinets, conventional systems produce isolated (and rarefied) cone-shaped "sweet spots" that only a few in an audience are allowed to experience; particularly, if stereophonic sound is produced.

Quality of sound is another huge factor. Without exception, audience members remark that, unlike the rest of the band, my bass guitar cuts through to the back of the room as clear as if they were in the front. They most often attribute this anomaly to my instrument or playing, but the effect is due to the Bose PAS.

NON-BEELEEBERS ARE IGNANT HAYTAHS!!!