This what democracy looks like...in America

Crux

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regardless of crux's or virenda7's rants, you should watch that video if you have the time. It's basically a monologue so you can actually get other stuff done while you're listening.

It's quite frightening. I think if JayB, Fairweather, KkkKkk and the rest of you minor rightie players can listen to that objectively (don't automatically assume that it's some crazy liberal trying to hurt you), you might be worried too. And if you can't put away those partisan blinders you should listen to this thing and think about how you would be feeling if Billary were doing this shit. You guys were probably all upset when Clinton and Reno started their roving wiretap thing, but why be so complacent about wiretapping ANYONE without even a sham warrant like the Clinton/Reno device?

Would you guys wanna give Hillary the power to declare ANYONE an enemy combatant, and take away their liberty maybe even torture them without a trial? The power to put YOU on the "no fly" list? Give her control of a private army, cough, "security company"?

Are you that scared of these alleged sleeper cells that you're willing to give all this power to a democrat? If not, why are you willing to give it all up now?

How could they consider even thinking about a single thing she says? She is of the liberal "ilk" and clearly she worships the ground that Hugo Chavez walks on, she wears Birkenstocks in private, and she must believe that 12-year-olds should have unrestricted access to free abortions.

regardless of crux's or virenda7's rants, you should watch that video if you have the time. It's basically a monologue so you can actually get other stuff done while you're listening.

It's quite frightening. I think if JayB, Fairweather, KkkKkk and the rest of you minor rightie players can listen to that objectively (don't automatically assume that it's some crazy liberal trying to hurt you), you might be worried too. And if you can't put away those partisan blinders you should listen to this thing and think about how you would be feeling if Billary were doing this shit. You guys were probably all upset when Clinton and Reno started their roving wiretap thing, but why be so complacent about wiretapping ANYONE without even a sham warrant like the Clinton/Reno device?

Would you guys wanna give Hillary the power to declare ANYONE an enemy combatant, and take away their liberty maybe even torture them without a trial? The power to put YOU on the "no fly" list? Give her control of a private army, cough, "security company"?

Are you that scared of these alleged sleeper cells that you're willing to give all this power to a democrat? If not, why are you willing to give it all up now?

I had a problem with some of her premises, one being that Bush etal lifted Stalin's "sleeper cell" fear-mongering.

She doesn't mention the fact that indeed in the US, there WERE sleeper cells, and these sleeper cells were the very players in the demise of the twin towers. Why she so glibly elides this I don't understand.

And would you be confident saying there are no "enemy" elements, persons wishing to perpetrate harm on the "US", living here now, planning attacks? That would be rather foolish to assume, in a country of 300 million, don't you think?

If one cannot admit that there are persons wanting and willing to execute attacks against US interests potentially here and obviously abroad, that person cannot be considered to be a viable candidate for a serious discussion about these topics.

Gosh Matt, you should watch/listen to the video. She didn't say one thing bout Chavez, Birkenstocks or abortions.

But I think you're being "one-brush" here. I don't think the serious Repubs here have a big problem with abortions or birkenstocks. They do seem to have a (quite reasonable) beef with Chavez and his destruction of a democracy. If they think that is so problematic, they should ponder their own govts actions before it's too late like in Venezuela. See the parallels to those totalitarians they so adore to conjure up as enemies when espousing our agressive interventions throughout the globe.

Check out that video. Then let's discuss it, reasonably.

I don't think the guys who perpetrated 9/11 were as worrisome as the sleeper cells we are being taught to fear now. The 9/11 guys came into the country relatively close in time to the attack. Did a bunch of stuff to get noticed by people and the FBI, and were even known to be in the US through old-school legal surveillance by the CIA. The fact that they were able to pull off what they did was partly due to bureaucratic incompetence on our part. I don't think further restricting our freedoms from invasive law enforcement tactics, right to trial, prohibitions on torture are going to make us much more safe from their ilk.

The sleeper cells we are supposed to be worried about now are the ordinary individuals living here for years, in all views, good americans, except for the fact that they are well hidden by the supernatural powers possessed by evil omnipotent terrorist masterminds. This is a convenient premise for being able to put ANYBODY in jail. "Oh, he seemed so normal. I had no idea he was a member of a sleeper cell." Just ask that Brandon Mayfield guy in Oregon.

I don't think she glibly implies that there are no sleeper cells. She often refers to fake OR hyped up threats. There may or may not be scary unknown soccer-mom/accountant/teenager sleeper cells living among us. What is clear though, is that the threat is being hyped excessively by our government.

you are falling for bush's lies on one hand and calling him a liar on the other.

you have to remove the manhattan renov project from the equation to SEE what is happening , for what it is,bin ladens,saddam, invasions, oil,blackwater,halliburton,carlysle group etc etc , otherwise you are deceived .

I don't think she glibly implies that there are no sleeper cells. She often refers to fake OR hyped up threats. There may or may not be scary unknown soccer-mom/accountant/teenager sleeper cells living among us. What is clear though, is that the threat is being hyped excessively by our government.

She does though, early on in the video. She speaks of Stalinist Soviet Union, then compares how this administration is using his play-book.

And you know what? This is fucked up. It discredits LEGITIMATE complaints about executive priveledge, end-arounds by-passing constitutional constraints, etc., everything this administration is GUILTY OF. It reeks of the same FEAR-MONGERING that these people accuse this FUCKED UP administration of DOING.

AND IT SUCKS.

I understand the fear of this administration, I share it myself, but the discourse must remain contextually balanced and free of the same hype that this administration is accused of, or else we are in the same fucking pit.

most people agree that bush/cheney lied to get to iraq's oil.

yet, they believe every bit of their ridiculous theory on the MRP.

They also chose TO ALLOW themselves to believe the findings of a farce-comission.

the reason is simple.it is really hard to believe that people you trust can be so animalistic.it attacks who you are . you are them. you voted for them. you are responsible. you have to distance yourself from them to see....

i incude in this dems, and reps.

How could they consider even thinking about a single thing she says? She is of the liberal "ilk" and clearly she worships the ground that Hugo Chavez walks on, she wears Birkenstocks in private, and she must believe that 12-year-olds should have unrestricted access to free abortions.

worse yet, she wears them with socks!

98111196RLIGQz_th.jpg

I'll bet she wears shorts over polypro too...

She does though, early on in the video. She speaks of Stalinist Soviet Union, then compares how this administration is using his play-book.

And you know what? This is fucked up. It discredits LEGITIMATE complaints about executive priveledge, end-arounds by-passing constitutional constraints, etc., everything this administration is GUILTY OF. It reeks of the same FEAR-MONGERING that these people accuse this FUCKED UP administration of DOING.

AND IT SUCKS.

I understand the fear of this administration, I share it myself, but the discourse must remain contextually balanced and free of the same hype that this administration is accused of, or else we are in the same fucking pit.

:tup:

I'll count this as my "odd-bedfellow" moment of the day.

So you think the government hyping the fear of sleeper cells is for legitimate security efforts?

To me it seems it's a combination of legitimate but misguided concerns about securing the US, along with the opportunity to promote ideological practices regarding executive power in the same package.

You don't think that it is laying the groundwork (intentionally or not intentionally) for our government disapppearing people?

There are recent policy changes that should never have been approved by congress, and yes, it certainly seems that these lay the groundwork for the potential abuses you speak of.

I may agree that these potential abuses could be compared to the lesser of stalin's actual abuses, but to do so reframes the arguments in a way that inhibits accessability to the germane issues.

AND IT SUCKS.

:tup:

I'll count this as my "odd-bedfellow" moment of the day.

Actually, SHE DOES ACKNOWLEDGE TERRORISM in the US. She goes on to say that it is used to hype up the threat so as to use it against innocent people. It is the use of the same terms and the progression of events and the steps taken by the Administration in Stalin's Russia, Hitler's Germany, and Bush's America that she points to. There is a real terrorist threat. She aknowledged that. Using that threat to destroy our constitutional rights is what she says is the danger.

Look at the whole discussion she makes. Not just one sentence.

We are really in trouble. I have been saying this for years as have many others. These are brilliant marketers at work here. They are not Republicans. There are many GOOD Republicans and WE NEED both parties. It is Facism that we have to identify here. Not Party politics. Facism does not care about parties. It cares about power and wealth.