A bittersweet farewell to Karl

tvashtarkatena

I'm going to miss Karl Rove. It's one thing to see a guy that's as dumb as an El Paso hitching post stumble over his Tex Mex lite vocabulary on CSpan, as Speedy did recently, but quite another to see the Brightest Fat Kid in the Room slowly and painstakingly march off a cliff the rest of us could see from space, and take over six long years to do it.

I just want to personally say "Thanks, Karl, for everything you've done for and to your party." From No Child Left Behind to the Iraq War to...OK, I guess that about sums up the past six years...you've worked tirelessly and unwaveringly to help bring about the kind of revolution many of us have been wanting for quite some time.

For my part, I will, from now on, refer to our highest mountain as "McKinley", Karl's most beloved historical mentor, rather than the revisionist, apologist "Denali".

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be linched with the same rope they used on Saddam

I'm not sure how it is in Canada, but down here we have these things called trials - and the accused must be convicted of something before they're punished. The fact that you suggest lynching (note the correct spelling, dip shit) leaves me wondering exactly what kind of justice a man or woman would find in your version of utopia.

... but down here we have these things called trials - and the accused must be convicted of something before they're punished. ...

We used to have those, but in this new age trials just help the terrorists. All we gotta do is say that Rove is an enemy noncombatant.

I'm not sure how it is in Canada, but down here we have these things called trials - and the accused must be convicted of something before they're punished.

Bullshit. Mahar Arar was charged with and/or convicted of absolutely nothing prior to being shipped off to Syria to be imprisoned and tortured. Similar treatment has been meted out by the US to who knows how many other totally innocent individuals in the years since 9/11 "changed everything". Same goes for all those nameless souls you've got locked up in Guantanamo Bay - what charges, trials, convictions have any of them been through?

I agree Karl Rove should be allowed the sort of habeus corpus rights you espouse, but I also believe those same rights should be extended to everyone who is subject to US "justice".

I'm not sure how it is in Canada, but down here we have these things called trials - and the accused must be convicted of something before they're punished.

Bullshit. Mahar Arar was charged with and/or convicted of absolutely nothing prior to being shipped off to Syria

So deportation is tantamount to punishment? Sounds to me like your gripe should be with Basher Assad.

I agree Karl Rove should be allowed the sort of habeus corpus rights you espouse, but I also believe those same rights should be extended to everyone who is subject to US "justice".
...and non-uniformed enemy combatants are not.

Should be linched with the same rope they used on Saddam

I'm not sure how it is in Canada, but down here we have these things called trials - and the accused must be convicted of something before they're punished. The fact that you suggest lynching (note the correct spelling, dip shit) leaves me wondering exactly what kind of justice a man or woman would find in your version of utopia.

Yeah, nobody has ever gotten lynched in the US...

"Frank Little, the IWW's most outspoken war opponent, was lynched in Butte, Montana in August of 1917, just four months after war had been declared."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_Workers_of_the_World

Just sayin...

... but down here we have these things called trials - and the accused must be convicted of something before they're punished. ...

We used to have those, but in this new age trials just help the terrorists. All we gotta do is say that Rove is an enemy noncombatant.

So you're OK with Treetoad's idea?

So you're OK with Treetoad's idea?

9/11 changed everything