Is this fair?

archenemy

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the USAToday is really the most balanced newspaper, but... what exceptions or special cases exist already for followers of other religions? I'm all for seperation of church and state, but lets make it seperation for ALL religions, not just the minority ones.

Depends. Are college chapels 'fair'? Are they considered 'special treatment' if you're, say, an atheist and prefer to spend your Sunday mornings in a brew pub but the college refuses to build one? Is 'fairness' equality of treatment or equality of opportunity or what? If you don't avail yourself of a chapel, are you being denied an opportunity? Are colleges merely responding to customers demands (as evinced by the growing poshness of dormitories) and thus merely 'competing for business'? What then?

if they are going to build special rooms for one religion they have to do that for all the religions. what i want to know is if i could skip school all togehter and just go to all the prayer rooms and claim that i can't decide on one ;)

jews get thier kosher diets why cant they get prayer time? id be ok with that as long as it did infringe on my beliefs it not like thier going door to door telling me in going to hell if i dont jion thier religion, and then sticking around for awhile after i say no, and then coming back twice a week.