What are you doing??

ken4ord

Well just logged on it is a 11:30 at night, a freaking 10 minute process well it is 11:40, gotta love dial up in Africa. Anyways just got back from a 60km mountain bike ride where did a 400m climb, followed by several other smaller hills outside of Kigali.

It was a perfect night out cool temps, powerful moonlight, not too many people, the normal military troop or two, drunks trying to find there way home, people just out for a walk. We had left at 8pm after doing our fatherly duties (getting our children fed and ready for bed) while our sig others were out for a jog. I was lucky tonight since I was at Ludwig's house, Misti took Simone home so I ended up chilling before going out. I been riding a bit at night out here which is a blast, but this ride was so cool because most of the ride we could do without our lights. When we did light 'em up on the technical sections the batteries would be fresh and the light bright. Out here in Rwanda, almost every ride I do I hit new trails, tonight wasn't the exception we found a great little single track downhill that was fast, turny and with enough loose shit with trees around to make you pucker a bit as you come sliding around a turn. We also got on a bit of flat technical, it's great. Basically clay elevated skinnies, with stairs, roll ins, mini gaps to wheelie hop or do what I do wheelie front wheel and hop the rear. The ocassional spectator would just exclaim, "eh eh eh ehhh!" We also had a few scares, one in particular with this military guy acting all strange and freaked. It didn't help that he had machine gun and we just got done getting stoned. Luckily his partner realize we were a couple of crazy muzungu's out for a night ride.

So to make a long story short, I guess what I am doing right now is typing this shit.......time to get some chow I am starving.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So "honky" is a closer approximation. I remember years ago some frat bros and I went to Ensenada. One of the guys had long blonde hair like Weekend_Climberz, which was not exactly in line with the local dress code. Some local hanging out in a doorway, said, "grrrrinngggooooo", in such a way that the meaning was clear.

I am wondering if I am going to have a job next week, and if I do then what am I going to be doing now that our company has been taken over by Darth Vader and the evil empire.

Well, maybe I should try to do some work instead of doing this.

How is it that DV has taken over so many companies?

Don’t know ask Olyclimber, Yoda should know these things. I guess it must be the farce.

I think it has something to do with large corporations either grow or die.

I am wondering if I am going to have a job next week, and if I do then what am I going to be doing now that our company has been taken over by Darth Vader and the evil empire.

Well, maybe I should try to do some work instead of doing this.

How is it that DV has taken over so many companies?

Don’t know ask Olyclimber, Yoda should know these things. I guess it must be the farce.

I think it has something to do with large corporations either grow or die.

or metastasize