Check it! (Metolius Offset Cam review)

luvshaker

P1010053.JPG

P10100491.JPG

I purchased two Metolios offset cams because a buddy up north said a route he was trying needed them. The route where we used them had two places below crux's where traditional cams looked like a joke when trying to place them. The Metolios offsets were solid. Though we didn't fall on them, you just know, lots of contact. All my other Metolios hold falls and show little abuse from it. This was also around the time when there were recent reports of Aliens blowing up, so I was motivated to see how these things worked.

Sent the route, kept the two offsets on my rack for a while and suddenly began finding placements I never looked for because I thought they were bad/flaring. Now I keep all five with me all the time now and place the top three sizes all over the place. Smith cracks eat these things up.

Super physched about these cams. Nice job Boys in Bend.

http:www.backcountrygear.com

Edited by fern

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting luvshaker, unlike many on this site, I don't "know it all" and love seeing pics of stuff that works. I have a set of em and they work well.

My biggest issue is thinking they are for aid and then leaving them in my basement.

BTW, I tried that penis thing dirty harry mentions and it did work either time.

Does anyone use these for aid? Seems like the offset concept is good for pin scars but the U-stem isn't. I have a friend who manked up an non-offset TCU pretty bad by weighting it over an edge.

I use them all the time. Without screamers and not for aid :tup: :tup:

They work real well out at Vantage and any other non-parallel crack locales.

Thanks for posting luvshaker, unlike many on this site, I don't "know it all" and love seeing pics of stuff that works. I have a set of em and they work well.

My biggest issue is thinking they are for aid and then leaving them in my basement.

BTW, I tried that penis thing dirty harry mentions and it did work either time.

Don't be fooled by fake pills, offset Metolius weights, girth hitch to your dick and be amazed.