Tin Tin the Movie

olyclimber

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i've read all the available books to my son 3 times, and he is always got one with him, and is always looking at them. he is obsessed. was just thinking over the weekend how cool it would be if they made movies (ala Lord of the Rings) and what do I come across in the news this evening??? I read them when I was a kid too, and the second time around (and the third, fourth, and fifth) were just as good or better.

i didn't know that there are cartoons available on DVD. has anyone seen them?

there already was a tintin movie, actually several

they were all bad, hope that the spielberg & jackson movies are better

from "tintin & the blue oranges":

blueoranges.jpg

from "tintin & the golden fleece":

goldenfleece.jpg

and of course there's "tintin & the lake of sharks," which wasn't very good but was at least animated

there already was a tintin movie, actually several

they were all bad, hope that the spielberg & jackson movies are better

from "tintin & the blue oranges":

blueoranges.jpg

from "tintin & the golden fleece":

goldenfleece.jpg

and of course there's "tintin & the lake of sharks," which wasn't very good but was at least animated

Coincidence?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/05/23/virgin.sharks.ap/index.html

Film

There have been both live-action and animated film adaptations of The Adventures of Tintin.

* In 1946, a French company called 'Les Beaux Filmes' released a series of Tintin and Jo, Zette and Jocko films made of black and white stills from the books.

* Tintin magazine publicity film (1946) - puppet animation to promote the magazine.

* The Crab with the Golden Claws (1947) - animated, based on the book.

* King Ottokar's Sceptre (c. 1956) - semi animated based on book

* The Broken Ear (1957) - semi animated based on book

* Explorers on the Moon (1959) - based on book

* Tintin and the Golden Fleece (1961) - live action, developed from an original script.

* Tintin and the Blue Oranges (1964) - live action, developed from an original script.

* Tintin and the Temple of the Sun (1969) - animated, based on the book.

* Tintin and the Lake of Sharks (1972) - based on an original script and subsequently adapted into comic book form.

As of Jan 2007, Dreamworks greenlit the movie version of Tintin. Steven Spielberg, a lifelong fan of The Adventures of Tintin, has obtained the rights to produce the next movie, but has twice had to drop his plans.[34] Spielberg's love of the character is thought to have influenced the atmosphere and lead characterization in his Indiana Jones trilogy—both characters having strong moral codes and childhood adventures with the Boy Scouts. Spielberg has commented on the influence, noting he has "always loved Tintin", and that "some of Indiana Jones was inspired by the books".[35]

Directors Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson are to bring Tintin to the big screen, according to industry reports, whilst Jackson's special effects team Weta Digital will use 3-D animation to bring characters to life in the films [36]. The producers said that they planned to use animation techniques to present the familiar Hergé images of the Tintin characters, but in realistic, detailed surfaces, and with the ability to effectively represent human expressions and emotions.

On June 1, 2006, Tintin became the first fictional character to be awarded the Dalai Lama's Truth of Light award. “For many people around the world Tintin in Tibet was their first introduction to Tibet, the beauty of its landscape and its culture. And that is something that has passed down the generations,” said the International Campaign for Tibet's Simon van Melick. [2] During the awarding ceremony copies of Tintin in Tibet in Esperanto (Tinĉjo en Tibeto) were distributed among the attendees and journalists.