I_like_To rant

i_like_sun

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you might want to start with drinking a beer first. bears are for those over 30.

Yeah, you might lose yer head trying to do that!

Actually, I do understand that age is a state of mind. My dad is a amazing example! The bastard is 63 years old, and still climbs every freaking weekend. He also summited Rainier a couple years ago in (almost) fantastic style. Granted, he has slowed down in the mountains these past few years, but he seems to have more energy than anyone else I know.

Its just strange. Moving closer to the mid 20's.... I mean, C'mon, my whole life I've been a kid. And now I'm not, but still not quite grown up either. Everyone I talk to says the early 20's are some of the wierdest years...... and thats certainly my experience!

My dad is a amazing example! The bastard is 63 years old, and still climbs every freaking weekend. He also summited Rainier a couple years ago in (almost) fantastic style. Granted, he has slowed down in the mountains these past few years, but he seems to have more energy than anyone else I know.

I don't know your dad, but he rocks! On my first summit of Rainier there was a 62 year old fart with us.

Heres a new rant:

For the past FIVE YEARS, I've ALWAYS, ALWAYS had some sort of big science mid-term on my birthday! What the hell is going on???!!!

Second bitching point: I am now 23 years old. This means that I am no longer 19 years old. Fuck. I am beggining to understand now what this "aging" thing means. Don't get me wrong, I certainly know that I'm still WAY YOUNG. But dude, I'm already OVER 1/5 of a century old!!! This just feels unnatural..... I remember being eight years old so vividly........

Man, I seriously still feel like a kid in so many ways. But here I am spending so much damn time growing up, stressing the crap out of my adrenals over school, when all I honestly feel like doing at this moment is to either move to Mexico and do nothing but surf and get tan, or be a full time dirtbag and climb mountains.

OK I'm done. For now. :pagetop:

Dude, you are cracking me up.

I am also 46. I keep thinking I am 28. I keep thinking something is wrong with me, because everyone around me keeps ageing, and I'm still a frickin' kid. I know so many people in their 30's that are old men and women already. I would feel sorry for them if I cared. It's their problem - not mine. (I blame part of it on TV and other media.) Run, climb, have fun. Why look back, especially if it makes you feel bad.

Heres a new rant:

For the past FIVE YEARS, I've ALWAYS, ALWAYS had some sort of big science mid-term on my birthday! What the hell is going on???!!!

Second bitching point: I am now 23 years old. This means that I am no longer 19 years old. Fuck. I am beggining to understand now what this "aging" thing means. Don't get me wrong, I certainly know that I'm still WAY YOUNG. But dude, I'm already OVER 1/5 of a century old!!! This just feels unnatural..... I remember being eight years old so vividly........

Man, I seriously still feel like a kid in so many ways. But here I am spending so much damn time growing up, stressing the crap out of my adrenals over school, when all I honestly feel like doing at this moment is to either move to Mexico and do nothing but surf and get tan, or be a full time dirtbag and climb mountains.

OK I'm done. For now. :pagetop:

Just wait until you have to work for a living. I'd rather be in school. At least there is an end in sight.

you might want to start with drinking a beer first. bears are for those over 30.

Actually, I do understand that age is a state of mind. My dad is a amazing example! The bastard is 63 years old, and still climbs every freaking weekend. He also summited Rainier a couple years ago in (almost) fantastic style. Granted, he has slowed down in the mountains these past few years, but he seems to have more energy than anyone else I know.

Its just strange. Moving closer to the mid 20's.... I mean, C'mon, my whole life I've been a kid. And now I'm not, but still not quite grown up either. Everyone I talk to says the early 20's are some of the wierdest years...... and thats certainly my experience!

The first time I summited Adams, one of the guys I was with was 82. On my first ice climb, my rope partner was 65.

Don't mean sheit.

:rolleyes:

Since we could perish at any moment, its best to have your mid-life crisis often, lest you miss out because you got the timing wrong.

I missed a whole in one on at golf once. I made it in the hole on the temperary winter green in July. Missed by three months.

Ok, mid life crisis at 23. Cool.

Now when do we get the bear?

Since we could perish at any moment, its best to have your mid-life crisis often, lest you miss out because you got the timing wrong.

I missed a whole in one on at golf once. I made it in the hole on the temperary winter green in July. Missed by three months.

Ok, mid life crisis at 23. Cool.

Now when do we get the bear?

I have managed to have a mid life crisis once a decade since the 80's. I am working on my one for my 30's....

The first time I summited Adams, one of the guys I was with was 82. On my first ice climb, my rope partner was 65.

Don't mean sheit.

Does it mean youth of today will not climb with you?

Don't mean sheit.

Does it mean youth of today will not climb with you?

Neither of those was yesterday!