I_like_To rant

i_like_sun

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had a REALLY FAST motorcyle. That would be a great stress reliever!

I was gonna ask, by the way, is there anything you like to do besides climbing and working out?

Besides exercise??? Oh god....

Yeah, I like big dogs, off road trucks, fast cars, fast motorcyles, BMX bikes, mountain bikes, road bikes, pencil sketching, playing with clay, women, meditating, yoga (sometimes), movies, reading medical journals, reading physiology journals, reading The Journal of Glaciology, avacados, EATING, hanging out with my mom, fretting about graduate school, fretting about school in general, getting tanned, not fretting about skin cancer (dumb), SPRAY, poking Muffy The Wanker Sprayer, sitting on the couch, pondering quantum physics, pondering the universe, pondering the meaning life......

what about you???? :moondance:

So in other words, there ARE other things besides training in your life... It sounded from your initial post and your overtraining thread that mountaineering and training were it.

so I've posted this story before, but I don't remember where.

When I was working on my master's degree, I worked in the university's library. I was sitting behind the desk whispering to a buddy of mine about stuff. He is a really nice guy, and super polite and a bit shy. I had my cellphone in my back pocket. I had heretofore not known that I had the vibrate option on the phone, and had somehow inadvertantly set it. While leaning forward, whispering and trying not to disturb studious individuals, my cell phone went off and vibrated in my back pocket. I was so startled I farted.

LOUD

I was soooo embarrassed I blushed. My very quiet, polite friend paused midsentence and then discretely decided to continue as if nothing happened. I was mortified--but it is my second best fart story and it was worth it.

so I've posted this story before, but I don't remember where.

When I was working on my master's degree, I worked in the university's library. I was sitting behind the desk whispering to a buddy of mine about stuff. He is a really nice guy, and super polite and a bit shy. I had my cellphone in my back pocket. I had heretofore not known that I had the vibrate option on the phone, and had somehow inadvertantly set it. While leaning forward, whispering and trying not to disturb studious individuals, my cell phone went off and vibrated in my back pocket. I was so startled I farted.

LOUD

I was soooo embarrassed I blushed. My very quiet, polite friend paused midsentence and then discretely decided to continue as if nothing happened. I was mortified--but it is my second best fart story and it was worth it.

Okay - I'll bite - what is your first-best fart story?

:confused:

Edited by lizard_brain

So, I was in eighth grade in a geography class. I hated geography so I sat in the very back. I sat in one of those seats that are the uncomfortable plastic seats with the desk attached (sucks for left handers!). So the teacher is droning on about Gia or whatever and I prepare to let out the second stealth fart of the day (the first one had been successful). I lean over to raise a cheek and provide an escape route and

BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

out comes the loudest explosion ever! The teacher actually stops lecturing for a moment due to shock. He turns and looks at the class. And there I am, caught in "the position". It was impossible to hide or slam that cheek back down on the chair that fast. I was scarred for life.

So, I was in eighth grade in a geography class. I hated geography so I sat in the very back. I sat in one of those seats that are the uncomfortable plastic seats with the desk attached (sucks for left handers!). So the teacher is droning on about Gia or whatever and I prepare to let out the second stealth fart of the day (the first one had been successful). I lean over to raise a cheek and provide an escape route and

BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

out comes the loudest explosion ever! The teacher actually stops lecturing for a moment due to shock. He turns and looks at the class. And there I am, caught in "the position". It was impossible to hide or slam that cheek back down on the chair that fast. I was scarred for life.

We have similar scars. One of those sonic-boomers snuck up on me in junior high, too. Being caught off guard, I was too embarrassed to be proud of it, and the whole class laughed at me for like 10 minutes. The teacher laughed, too. That's the part that really hurt. :cry:

An ironic twist--the class was Music Theory. ;)

I make way less than my boy friend. i make way less than my best friend who is a woman. come to think of it, i think i make less $ than pretty much every one i know.

I wonder what that says about me?

does that make me a gold digger or just unintimidated the they success of others?

either way i didn't ask anyone for a financial statement before i got involved with them.

You make more $ than me, then again, I don't think we've met, so you don't know me.

Why not ask for a financial statement? You don't want to build a life with someone with terrible credit. Or fight down the road because someone is paying late on bills. Too bad my bf and I both wait until collections to pay bills.

I make way less than my boy friend. i make way less than my best friend who is a woman. come to think of it, i think i make less $ than pretty much every one i know.

does that make me a gold digger or just unintimidated the they success of others?

either way i didn't ask anyone for a financial statement before i got involved with them.

You make more $ than me, then again, I don't think we've met, so you don't know me.

Why not ask for a financial statement? You don't want to build a life with someone with terrible credit. Or fight down the road because someone is paying late on bills. Too bad my bf and I both wait until collections to pay bills.

Funny - I might ask a women for an STD screening... I'd never even think of asking for a financial statement.

:rolleyes:

BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That reminds me of this joke I heard. I think it was told by Mel Brooks on the Tonight Show.

Grandpa, who was 80 years old came over to visit his son and daughter-in-law. The son and his wife decided to go out and hired a sitter for the father.

"Grandpa, this is Heather, she's a nice girl, she'll stay with you while we are gone. I think you'll like her."

When they came back, they asked the sitter how it went and she replied,

"He started to lean over one way so I propped him back up and put a big

pillow next to him so he wouldn't fall over. A little while later he

started leaning in the other direction so I put another pillow there so

he wouldn't fall over."

When the father was asked what he thought of the sitter, he replied,

"I didn't like her. She wouldn't let me fart."

well ya see there you have a good match.

I have found it isn't so much how much you make it is how you view and handle money that makes or breaks. truly.

Heres a new rant:

For the past FIVE YEARS, I've ALWAYS, ALWAYS had some sort of big science mid-term on my birthday! What the hell is going on???!!!

Second bitching point: I am now 23 years old. This means that I am no longer 19 years old. Fuck. I am beggining to understand now what this "aging" thing means. Don't get me wrong, I certainly know that I'm still WAY YOUNG. But dude, I'm already OVER 1/5 of a century old!!! This just feels unnatural..... I remember being eight years old so vividly........

Man, I seriously still feel like a kid in so many ways. But here I am spending so much damn time growing up, stressing the crap out of my adrenals over school, when all I honestly feel like doing at this moment is to either move to Mexico and do nothing but surf and get tan, or be a full time dirtbag and climb mountains.

OK I'm done. For now. :pagetop:

Heres a new rant:

For the past FIVE YEARS, I've ALWAYS, ALWAYS had some sort of big science mid-term on my birthday! What the hell is going on???!!!

Second bitching point: I am now 23 years old. This means that I am no longer 19 years old. Fuck. I am beggining to understand now what this "aging" thing means. Don't get me wrong, I certainly know that I'm still WAY YOUNG. But dude, I'm already OVER 1/5 of a century old!!! This just feels unnatural..... I remember being eight years old so vividly........

Man, I seriously still feel like a kid in so many ways. But here I am spending so much damn time growing up, stressing the crap out of my adrenals over school, when all I honestly feel like doing at this moment is to either move to Mexico and do nothing but surf and get tan, or be a full time dirtbag and climb mountains.

OK I'm done. For now. :pagetop:

Dude, you are killing me.

I am 46....

1/ Finish school.

2/ Live to Climb

3/ Climb to live

4/ Live to climb another day

Don't worry about it. Lord help me to not worry about the things I can not change, help me to chang the things I can, and give me the wisdom to know the differance.

Remember this, gravity is not a consistant. You are at the age where you might think it is, but some time after 40 or will start pulling harder on all of us.

Hey, go drink an bear and enjoy this beautiful world we live in. One day none of us will be here.