I_like_To rant

i_like_sun

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The philosophy of Pooh.

Pooh is a Tao Master.only he doesn't know it so that makes him even more awsome at Taoism. :moondance:

So Muffy, have you read, "The Tao of Pooh?" Sounds like it--that is an awesome book. One of my most favorites. :tup:

"The Te of Piglet" wasn't as good, IMHO. What do pigs know. :/

piglet is the most interesting character in the whole winnie the pooh series. he is the only character that reaches beyond himself and becomes something more than what he was. he is a very small animal, but he learns that even very small animals can be brave. I have read the Tao of Pooh and the Te of Piglet honestly i love them both.

The philosophy of Pooh.

Pooh is a Tao Master.only he doesn't know it so that makes him even more awsome at Taoism. :moondance:

So Muffy, have you read, "The Tao of Pooh?" Sounds like it--that is an awesome book. One of my most favorites. :tup:

piglet is the most interesting character in the whole winnie the pooh series. he is the only character that reaches beyond himself and becomes something more than what he was. he is a very small animal, but he learns that even very small animals can be brave. I have read the Tao of Pooh and the Te of Piglet honestly i love them both.

Well, shoot, now I feel stoopid for missing all those subtleties of Piglet's personality. :cry: Piglet just seemed ditzy and self-absorbed to me. Now I'll have to go back and re-read.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes the second time around. That kind of stuff usually strikes different chords, depending on what space/place you are in in your life when you read it.

Did you read any Bach? Power of One, Jonathon Livingston Seagull? A little new-agey, but still good food for thought.

Edited by Sherri

The philosophy of Pooh.

Well, shoot, now I feel stoopid for missing all those subtleties of Piglet's personality. :cry: Piglet just seemed ditzy and self-absorbed to me. Now I'll have to go back and re-read.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes the second time around. That kind of stuff usually strikes different chords, depending on what space/place you are in in your life when you read it.

Did you read any Bach? Power of One, Jonathon Livingston Seagull? A little new-agey, but still good food for thought.

Absolutely. Richard Bach is one of my absolute favorites!!! i loved Running From Safety, Bridge Across Forever, and Illusions. before i started climbing and discovered the interweb i used to read a lot.

now i am not so bright

i agree that some books are worth multiple readings. they do strike a different chord and bring a new level (if you will) of awareness and understanding.

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

Absolutely. Richard Bach is one of my absolute favorites!!! i loved Running From Safety, Bridge Across Forever, and Illusions. before i started climbing and discovered the interweb i used to read a lot.

now i am not so bright

i agree that some books are worth multiple readings. they do strike a different chord and bring a new level (if you will) of awareness and understanding.

No wonder you're so smart! :)

I devoured those Bach books, but I hadn't heard of Running from Safety. How'd I miss that one?

But Pooh is still my fave. That silly ol' bear. :)

now i am not so bright

No wonder you're so smart! :)

I devoured those Bach books, but I hadn't heard of Running from Safety. How'd I miss that one?

But Pooh is still my fave. That silly ol' bear. :)

lets not get carried away here. not even i call me smart :noway:

i would lend you my copy of Running From Safety but i lent it and it moved to Colorado :( some day i will get a new copy *nods*

I don't have any tatoos, but I like all those things too. Usually when I climb something neat, I try and bring back a pebble for my mom. She loves it!

AND, I agree about all those other muscles too. I've spent too much time studying physiology.......

i have 3 tattoos so far. i figure by the time i am 80 i will be covered :moondance: my tatoos are all unique. my ex husband drew the one on my back. my youngest son drew the one that represents him, and the other one is not as unique but it means my oldest son's name in an ancient form of Chinese.

Muffs, you should help me come up with a neat symbol for balance..... I've debated getting a tatoo, but seeing as their all permenant and such, I've been hesitant......

I don't have any tatoos, but I like all those things too. Usually when I climb something neat, I try and bring back a pebble for my mom. She loves it!

AND, I agree about all those other muscles too. I've spent too much time studying physiology.......

i have 3 tattoos so far. i figure by the time i am 80 i will be covered :moondance: my tatoos are all unique. my ex husband drew the one on my back. my youngest son drew the one that represents him, and the other one is not as unique but it means my oldest son's name in an ancient form of Chinese.

Muffs, you should help me come up with a neat symbol for balance..... I've debated getting a tatoo, but seeing as their all permenant and such, I've been hesitant......

i will tell you the same thing i tell people who are thinking about having children. if you have to think about it, don't do it.

if a child or a tattoo is something that you can not bare to live the rest of your life without, then you should do it. but you have to want that to the core of your being.

i will tell you the same thing i tell people who are thinking about having children. if you have to think about it, don't do it.

if a child or a tattoo is something that you can not bare to live the rest of your life without, then you should do it. but you have to want that to the core of your being.

Who's not smart?! :/

That's a great analogy!

I have a tattoo; I don't have kids. I'd get more tattoos.

That's a great analogy!

You guys rock. See now why I've always been into older women???! (NOTE: Not in any way shape or form calling you two "old"... uuhhmm.)

Edited by i_like_sun

Same here. :tup:

I think I'd have to be talked into the idea of having kids by a younger woman. I don't have a set age for women...well over mid 20s and under mid 50s. That still leaves a lot of options.

Same here. :tup:

I think I'd have to be talked into the idea of having kids by a younger woman. I don't have a set age for women...well over mid 20s and under mid 50s. That still leaves a lot of options.

if you have to be talked into having a baby DO NOT DO IT. kids change every thing. they need to be wanted.

i have both and i don't regret either :tup:

That's a great analogy!

You guys rock. See now why I've always been into older women???! (NOTE: Not in any way shape or form calling you two "old"... uuhhmm.)

i don't know about sherri but i make no bones about being older than you are ;)

That's a great analogy!

Sweetie, you are so young that damn near any woman of legal age is an "older woman"

That's a great analogy!

i don't know about sherri but i make no bones about being older than you are ;)

Muffy, yer the bestest!

That's a great analogy!

Sweetie, you are so young that damn near any woman of legal age is an "older woman"

I'm guessing "mr." Archenemy is now female. "Sweetie"

i don't know about the rest of the women posting here, but i for one am glad to be older than i_like_sun. :grin: there's not enough money to make me go back to my early 20s. blech! being older is fun. every single one of these lines, scars, and crows feet has well earned story :eveeel::moondance:

Edited by minx