Suck weekend

rob

ok dumbass--my point is that there are a lot of people whining about not getting out b/c their wives won't let them. total BS. tired of hearing about it.

But in the end……we all know the wives make the rules……why? Because the women hold all the cards. They have what we (men) want. It all boils down to sex.

wow-kevbone--wow

you really set yourself up in an unfortunate situation. remember though, you set up and choose the dynamic of the relationship you choose to be in. damn-- i think i agree with bill

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Minx, bet your a great partner.

Nah, Kev has a great wife, you all would like her a lot. Like all things, you can't sum up your relationship on a internet post in 30 words. None of us.

BTW, my wife insisted that I stop watching TV and go out into the wind and cold for a dark late night walk last night. I reluctantly agreed, made the boy come along too.

The walk turned into a freezing run/dog walk with a couple of pullups at the park and we finished by running home laughing all the way.

Compromise and compatibility is a good thing.

Nah, Kev has a great wife, you all would like her a lot. Like all things, you can't sum up your relationship on a internet post in 30 words.

I'd invite her to read the 30 words her husband wrote about her. If she is hunky dory with a husband who considers her main purpose a masterbatory object, well then she is indeed a "good little woman". Poor thing...

Interesting topic. Relevant to my life. I recently had the boom lowered for the next climbing year. I'm wondering how that's gonna work out (it's easy to deal with climbing restrictions in the winter (as I'm not an ice climber, could be problematic come July).

Anyway, this might be interesting, to see how restricted others are with their climbing.

Please only answer this poll if you're married with kids (and try to answer honestly and accurately)

chuck--a couple of things about your poll. it's pretty broad

how many kids? ages of the kids? homeowner? spouse climbs?

i only have one child, who is old enough to stay home alone when he doesn't go with us.Also we only have sports and activities for one to attend.

my DH climbs and skis so that reduces conflict.

now the house thing...we swore we wouldn't buy a house that had a much yardwork. screwed the pooch on that one. moved into friggin stepford. i'll be landscaping for years! D'OH!!!

I understand the limitations of the data.

A broad poll should be easy to answer. Just answer the damn thing!

I would've answered but my situation has changed. I've gone from a > 20 to a < 10 if the current plan holds. OK, I'll answer it for last year.

If you feel the need to qualify your answer, just do so in a reply.

Nah, Kev has a great wife, you all would like her a lot. Like all things, you can't sum up your relationship on a internet post in 30 words.

I'd invite her to read the 30 words her husband wrote about her. If she is hunky dory with a husband who considers her main purpose a masterbatory object, well then she is indeed a "good little woman". Poor thing...

I was writing it about ALL relationships, not just mine. I comes down to this, Sex, women need a reason why, men just need a place.

Sorry Arcy……truth usually hurts.

Actually, my wife has never told me that I couldn't go out -- but there have been times when I could tell it would be better to stay home. Women can make this obvious ;)

Family always comes first, so if I need to stay home to make the wife and kids happy, then so be it. Of course, I can bitch about it to my climbing friends to help blow off steam, but really, if I had wanted to, I could have just gone anyway. But peace in the home is valuable, and if she ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. A happy wife makes for a happy climber.

That said, my wife is pretty cool. She puts up with my shit. I get out generally once or twice a month, plus random sickday weekdays. She doesn't complain too loudly about me spending huge amounts of money, as long as I take her on nice vacations once or twice a year. Plus, she buys me climbing gear for x-mas. :tup:

Mostly, she understands that I will be miserable if I can't be in the mountains. Or, at least, I think she understands as well as a non-climber can understand such a thing.

The only down side I've had so far to having a spouse who does not climb is disabusing her of the notion that we aren't constantly dodging falling rocks and avalanches, that there aren't pointy razor-sharp ice stalagmites waiting in crevasses, and that my partners aren't all inattentive, inexperienced dope-smoking alcoholics. The last one is the toughest.

Naw us menz, we jis gots t' git auh dick skinnahs rapped round some granit o stick a tool in sum nahce haud ass, elsewize we gits fustrated n staht mopn roun wit doze sad puppy dog eyes lahk we got a bad case o monkey butt o somethin. Da bitches gots ta unnerstan dat dey ain money ahead ifn dey keep us coop't up lahk some junk yaud dawg, cuz da lass ting a women wan gettin in huh way is a pissy man.

As fo jukin, 'less yo lucky nuff ta git a ho wit a serious glanular problm, n in dat case all yo frenz probly be enjoyin da same kinna luck too, you gotzta make huh feel good fo you ta look good, cuz you probly look lahk da ass en of a dead mule in real'ty.

If'n yo ho don' clamb, den you gotsta demnstrate yo su-preme happ'ness n' uplifted spirit when you come back home. Drop yo stinky ass't geuh, put dat mothafuckin apron on, muddle up a mo-jito o whatever other funky ass't cocktail she jis read bout in da New Yoke Tahms, n git yo sorry ass to BBQin doze babybacks; you'll be gittin some back alright soon 'nuff.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

As Rob points out, the "with children" part is key. Even if your spouse climbs, heading out for a satisfying big climb is terrifically complicated by the difficulty of getting someone to take care of your kids from 4am until end of epic. Then even if you do find someone, it makes the whole experience much less flexible AND costly.

chuck is right about the flexibility. i think if you're shooting for big climbs every weekend when you have kids it'll be tough. but it seems like there'd be room for compromise. a couple times a month? alternate weekends w/your spouse? you get your activity one weekend, she gets hers the next?

say what you're going to do and go do it

that is all i really want from a man.

yes=yes

no=no

don't blow sunshine up my ass or tell me shit that you think i want to hear. tell me how it is what i can expect and what you are willing to do and then do it. if i know what to expect i can work with that and so can any woman worth her salt.

When I'm not drunk and chasing teenage puntang I'll be away climbing. When neither I'll be asleep and blowing Bhopal scale dutch ovenmakers to the tympanic backround of my elephantine snoring.

Deal?

Whatever you say man. You guys make it sound about as appealing as a root canal. At a conservative estimate, I got out easily 100 days last year, and no one yelled at me for it either. And when I didn't get it, it was my own damn fault.

you may be the smartest one here :cool:

its not as bad as these guys make it seem. just have to find the right spouse. definitely do NOT buy house if you want to get out though.