Weight Loss Contest

Peter_Puget

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just lost 7 lbs in 5 days from the flu! Apparently hanging out in a hotel room in Korea and not eating does wonders for the waistline...because you really don't want kimchi and bulgogi when you are in that state--room service does no good.

Yeah being vegetarian there was part of it. They don't even understand the concept. I think they think it means you like vegetables WITH your beef/pork/dog.

Actually I didn't see dog on any menu. But maybe it doesn't get translated...

I was sick the whole time I was in Korea. Unfortunately, I gained that weight back.

i am looking for a sustainable calorie intake to exercise quotient.i need to have treats SOMETIMES, but i am in need of creating some ballence in my life. speaking off... off to my first yoga class since i broke myself. :moondance:

Truth is, I lost about 15 pounds since last fall, and gained back 5 in the last 3-4 weeks. I saw my doc a few days ago. It happens that I'm running a marathon on 5/20, but that's not why I was seeing him. But he's a runner, and the topic of the marathon came up. He wants me to lose 10 pounds. He thinks that losing it before the marathon would be even better, if I can (this was a few days ago). Three reasons:

1) I'd be more comfortable during the marathon.

2) I'd trim a lot of time off the run without carrying all that extra weight.

3) Less risk of injury.

I guess it's like running 26.2 miles while carrying a bowling ball - it'd be a lot easier without it. I'll dump at least 5 by the marathon, maybe 10, more likely somewhere inbetween. Cut out the junk food and the mochas and I'm halfway there already.

Truth is, I lost about 15 pounds since last fall, and gained back 5 in the last 3-4 weeks. I saw my doc a few days ago. It happens that I'm running a marathon on 5/20, but that's not why I was seeing him. But he's a runner, and the topic of the marathon came up. He wants me to lose 10 pounds. He thinks that losing it before the marathon would be even better, if I can (this was a few days ago). Three reasons:

3) Less risk of injury.

I guess it's like running 26.2 miles while carrying a bowling ball - it'd be a lot easier without it. I'll dump at least 5 by the marathon, maybe 10, more likely somewhere inbetween. Cut out the junk food and the mochas and I'm halfway there already.

...And don't forget to vomit...

Eat less, exercise more.

Way too complicated.

:lmao:

It is complicated, I always get it screwed up with eat more, execise less.

This will be good you guys are doing it then maybe I might be able to do it. Since the weigh in is on monday I might as well have my last Chinese supper today.

Good going and good vibes your way!

xoxooxoxoxox

thank you archie!! it was an awsome class and sooooo good to get back in the gym again. i had not lost near the flexablity i was afraid i had.

3) Less risk of injury.

My doc told me to lose weight for the same reasons (except the running part). I have arthritis and it gets more painful when I am heavier (like now).

Being lighter is just better and healthier.

the international conference on eating disorders is being held at the hotel where i'm staying. you've never seen so many extra extra thin girls. now there's some folks who know how to diet!

is the confrence like a support group to stop starving themselves to death?

the anorexia and bulimic blogs freak me out cus they talk about better ways to starve to death.