This is a fine mess you've created dubya...

fear_and_greed

Baker - Hamilton quote - "The United States has made a massive commitment to the future of Iraq in both blood and

treasure. As of December 2006, nearly 2,900 Americans have lost their lives serving in Iraq.

Another 21,000 Americans have been wounded, many severely.

To date, the United States has spent roughly $400 billion on the Iraq War, and costs are

running about $8 billion per month :o. In addition, the United States must expect significant “tail

costs” to come. Caring for veterans and replacing lost equipment will run into the hundreds of

billions of dollars. Estimates run as high as $2 trillion for the final cost of the U.S. involvement

in Iraq.

Despite a massive effort, stability in Iraq remains elusive and the situation is deteriorating.

"The Iraqi government cannot now govern, sustain, and defend itself without the support of the

United States. Iraqis have not been convinced that they must take responsibility for their own

future. Iraq’s neighbors and much of the international community have not been persuaded to

play an active and constructive role in supporting Iraq. The ability of the United States to shape

outcomes is diminishing. Time is running out."

The dream of burka less females throwing figs at the American liberator tank crews must now be finally over. At this point it is plain to see for everyone including dubya.

But how to extricate yourselves from this quagmire? The new Baker - Hamilton report lays out many points, but are they realistic?

Direct talks with Iran and Syria. Direct talks with the Axis of Evil?? You've got to be kidding! After years of references to these countries as "rouge nations", "terrorist states" and the like, that's really quite laughable. They have absolutely nothing to gain from helping Iraq. Why do you think that they are helping destabilize it?

After you pull out they will swoop in for the biggest land grab since the wild west. More oil for them.

Israel - Palestine peace plan. News flash guys - just like the Sunnis and Shites, they've been killing each other for 1000's of years. You really think some more dialogue will erase all the personal hatred aginst the other group? What would you do if Canada suddenly appropriated Washington state and kicked you out to Oregon or worse North Dakota? Try and kill every motherfucking canuk I bet. Especially if your family has been killed or maimed.

Well you can blame the Brits for stating this one.

Esteem for America is windling. :lmao: I submit to you that it can't go much lower. Most of you guys that I've met are pleasant enough. But the attitude of your government leaves much to be desired. Most other countries interact and put up with you for their own selfish interests. In many parts of the world you are reviled and hated. I can't name another country that suffers the same effect..

I'm not saying Canada is perfect but we don't go sticking our noses where we don't belong (although I strongly diagree to our involvent in Afganistan) or give pompous UN speeches that dare "you're either with us or against us". For the money that has been wasted in Iraq, massive improvements in education, alternative energy research and infrastrucure could have been underway.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The dream of burka less females throwing figs at the American liberator tank crews must now be finally over. At this point it is plain to see for everyone including dubya.

Direct talks with Iran and Syria. Direct talks with the Axis of Evil?? You've got to be kidding! After years of references to these countries as "rouge nations", "terrorist states" and the like, that's really quite laughable. They have absolutely nothing to gain from helping Iraq. Why do you think that they are helping destabilize it?

After you pull out they will swoop in for the biggest land grab since the wild west. More oil for them.

Israel - Palestine peace plan. News flash guys - just like the Sunnis and Shites, they've been killing each other for 1000's of years.

Your analysis reveals a lack of even cursory knowledge of the region. Understandable, perhaps, since it's not really Canada's most pressing problem.

First, Syria (Sunni) and Iran (Shiite) are at odds in their support of their respective factions in Iraq. This provides a classic leveraging mechanism with which the U.S. can negotiate with them. Improving relations with Syria may have the added benefit of reducing support for Hezbollah's goal of eliminating Israel and taking over Lebanon, which would certainly reduce tensions in that region. Improving relations with Iran could increase the likelihood of an Iraqi Shiite majority coming to terms with that country's Sunni minority.

Second, both Syria, but most particularly Iran, have a strong interest in NOT seeing Iraq descend further into full blown civil war. Neither wants that kind of instability, with all its refugee and other problems, at their doorstep.

Third, neither Iran nor Syria have the military capability nor interest in 'swooping into' Iraq once we leave. For one, they would face each other's forces, and neither has overwhelming superiority at this point. Iran, especially, has not been able to come close to recovering from its equipment losses during the Iran/Iraq war, and they've had difficulty maintaining their aging equipment since then. Syria is still booked up Lebanon. In any case, Iraq's population would likely oppose any foreign invasion, and we've all seen how difficult it is to occupy that country by force.

Fourth, Sunnis and Shiites have not been killing each other for thousands of years. Aside from the fact that Islam is not thousands of years old (it's just over 1,300), Sunni/Shiite violence has been the historical abberation, not the norm. Similarly, Palestinian/Israeli violence is, for the most part, a recent phenomenon since Israel's creation. For most of their history prior to that they've lived together peacefully. Your idea seems to be "fuck them, it's in their nature to kill each other." In other words, they're just animals, incapable of civility, negotiation, or peacemaking. Pretty condescending and racist from a Kanuk, as well as historically inaccurate.

And finally, most Iraqi women do not wear burkas, and they were supposed to throw flowers, not figs. You're probably confusing Iraq with Afghanistan under the Taliban, and the reproductive organs of plants with a seedy fruit that makes you poop alot.

Subject: The Way of the future-Howard Hughes once said. I am willing to release a politically/morally correct, fully adequite letter to the press if any of you are willing to help. Simply to state my oppinions on how our society should be educated on for the better of our country. Our people. Also because I have such an impact on our younger generations, as well as generations older than me. Which we all know and can obviously see. People are just mean. I am going to proceed with putting LR to court if need be for what she’s done to me. Its my life. I want to live it. People cannot lie and think its okay to continue having done so. Simply because they will do it again to someone else, and that is not alright with me. I have had many ups and downs, as do we all. But to make false accusations to one girl is unjust in my oppinion. Having said this, I am willing to do anything I need to get my life the way it should be and the way I work for it to be.. And have thus far in my career. Let's sue the tabloids for saying the things they say. Defamation of character. Amongst other illegal accusations, I will repeat this over and over to make my point. I am not fully aware of what these, again, accusations are, but I am fully and eagerly prepared to learn them. Have harvey and all lawyers help me please. If he is willing. Al Gore will help me he came up to me last night and said he would be very happy to have a conversation with me. If he is willing to help me, let's find out. Hilary Clinton, Bill Clinton, and Evan metroplis, and John Daur who works with them would be willing, if we just ask. If we just ASK. I'd really like to fix things and refuse to stop on any account for these unintelligent, vulgar people who like to hurt other people. Not just me, but everyone. I'm willing to hold a press conference and I will do anything necessary to do so. In putting an end to 'these people' trying to put an end to me and belittle me as well as try to be the demise of me after all I've gone through and done at such a young and tender age in a womans life. Its enough already, I've had enough and I am going to be the one to make a change. For all of my fellow actors, friends, people I admire and for those I've lost in the recent days, years, months. I do believe the focus in the world has misplaced and directed in the wrong directions and I am willing to be the one to help change that and use my celebrity status to move the focalpoint /(s) of the press to the real issues that we have going on as we speak. Anyone that is willing to help and has a family member or friend, even co-worker that is in a position to be involved in any way, shape or form, please contact me, Jenni Muro, Leslie Sloane, MichaelHeller, Jason Sloane, Jason Weinberg as soon as you can or are willing. Just ask them, it doesn't hurt to ask. So let's start now, rather than waste time. Do you agree? Because I'm doing it either way. The way of the future. Thank you for your time. Your Entertainer, Lindsay Lohan Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.

The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future.

whoa...

I'm seeing, like, waves in the text.

Is "the way of the future", like, also, like, the wave of the future?

The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future. The way of the future.