* Global Grids

* Evolution

* Unicorns

* Space Threats

* Carbon Dating

* Myths

* Doomsday Scenarios

* How and where to survive

I can't wait to see unicorns running around, and this carbon dating thing sounds interesting. I'm not sure I've ever seen a chick brag about the carbon she's packed with. Though maybe I'm not paying close enough attention

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

303 days, 1 hour, 8 minutes, 10.5 seconds

P.S. Pizaro had a hand in doing in the Incas. Hernan Cortez had a thing for Aztec wealth. Mayan civilization declined before either conquistidor entered the picture.

P.P.S. Some historians say the end of the Mayan calendar in 2012 is merely the end of a cycle of about 5000 years (according to Mayan belief) and the beginning of a new one.

There is no record that they believed the world would end in 2012

2048 days left till the shit hits the fans according to the Mayans. Plan your time accordingly

The end is near

For the Maya, doomsday came early in the form of Francisco Pizarro.

The Mayan empire had largely collapsed by the time the Spaniards arrived. Pizarro destroyed the Inca empire. Cortez nailed the Aztecs.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I've also heard that 2012 will be the beginning of a Golden Age in human consciousness, and that people of lesser consciousness will not be able to handle it and will simply pass out and die......

Or something like that.

Edgar Casey predicted that in 2012 a massive continental break would occur making Nebraska beach front property (the new West Coast)...or something like that.

Ya sure, as speculation goes. Throw some fiction together in with some truth.

Edgar must have channeled that the passive margin along the east coast would detach and begin subducting as has occurred in the geologic past. The Atlantic (Iapetus Ocean) has opened and closed in the geologic past. As evidence, you can find related rocks in Newfoundland and in the British Isles. Someone also said that a polar magnetic reversal is occurring so that it's culmination would coincide with 2012.

I dunno, endogenic events and/or extraterrestrial events (blasts from cosmic rays, gamma ray bursts, gravity waves as our solar system passes through the ecliptic plane of the Milky Way). The fear mongers in the administration say it'll be the Islamofascists that do us in. It could be something closer to home.

4n3g5lUgkWk

(Interesting, the dollar rallied and the price of commodities dropped sharply last week, something not seen at that scale since 1956, due to speculations on global economic contraction.) Any predictions on whether gold will rebound sharply and head skywards? And wheat and oil?

How about the federal budget deficit?

OS2fI2p9iVs

• 5 months later...
127 days, 5 hours, 30 minutes and 36 seconds

Yes, but even though THIS will happen,

it will not be the final act of this folly.

Though I am but a humble Zennostic, I will call up every possible new age spell and incantation that I can think of to ensure that Mr McCain live a long and healthy life.

For what I fear, neah what the world itself fears is this,

a "President Palin"

You could try getting used to it but it will never work. You can try to look at the bright side of things but there will be none. You might take some comfort in the notion that global warming is just gods way of hugging us closer or that Todd can lean out a carburetor on a skidoo with the best of em, but for some reason, deep down inside, we know that those rationalizations won't quite make it.

"President Palin" from ALaska... :noway:

ALaska!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: