Ropeup 2006 - Oct 13-15 Eight Mile Group Campsite

olyclimber

From Seattle, drive north on I-5 to Everett and U.S. 2. Turn east on U.S. 2 and drive 103 miles to Leavenworth and County Road 76 (Icicle River Road). Turn south and drive eight miles to the campground on the left. Group camp is on the left as you drive into the campground area.

wink.gif

NOOOO. From Seattle get to 405 then 522 east to Monroe where you can pick up highway 2 east. It will save you 45 minutes.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks to Olympia Climber for organizing

Mr_E for the generator

AlpinFoxCoIkea PDXTG for the beers

Tony, Colin, Wayne, AlpFox, Blake and whoever I forgot for the slide show.

Nice GTG. My pal and I were glad to get out of there as the raindrops got more persistent this morning. Hopefully it dried out enough for more frolicking today.

It was nice seeing everybody. It was fun climbing, too.

The party should be on at the Porter house, because Keg #2 (the Porter), was barely dented.

I have Ketch's projector and screen and stuff. Is anybody headed up to Orcas Island?

We actually did a pretty good job on the IPA keg. The Porter still had a bit in it, but we divided it up the next day and it left near empty.

That was a great time! Lots of people, even a guy who was in town from Chicago and found out about it at Feathered Friends and came up.

We raised $268 for Kurts fund, and it is not too late to pitch some money in, so just let me know if you'd like to add to it.

Thanks section:

Thanks to Wayne Wallace for taking charge and getting the tarp up. Thanks to Eric Wolfe for the generator and computer. Thanks to Tony Bentley for the sound system.

I thought the slide show was one of the best in total that i've seen in a long time. Thanks for Wayne, Colin, Eric, Blake, Pax, and MC Bentley. Thanks to Andrew for bringing the kegs up from Portland. Thanks to Steve at Terminal Gravity. And you....thank you. Thanks to all the Erics that showed up.

Was this you on Canary on Saturday? 4342Ropeup2006_028.jpg

This is fun climb:

4342Ropeup2006_038.jpg

Fall colors: 4342Ropeup2006_061.jpg

R Over Hanging Thin Crack

4342Ropeup2006_113.jpg

Grovelfest: 4342Ropeup2006_159.jpg

Slideshow:

4342Ropeup2006_180.jpg

The Burninator, The Big Baller, and Ken from Chicago 4342Ropeup2006_185.jpg

Crazy people: 4342Ropeup2006_182.jpg

There are 2 or more Erics in this photo:

4342Ropeup2006_187.jpg

Beck finishes off the keg while the Big Baller looks on:

4342Ropeup2006_191.jpg

Good that the projector and stuff is back on this side ofthe hill. If it is with Matt I have only Tuesday or Sunday of this week that I can make it down there.

Are you all too partied out to have a Pubclub on Tuesday and make the trip a little more worth the time? Or sould I just plan on picking up gear.

Of course if someone steps up to get stuff closer or even to the island thats ok too.

It was great to stop by and meet a few of the folks behind the avatars. Especially fun to see Wayne and his climbing prodigy daughter again and to meet some free-range cc.comers at Roto Wall. Thanks for the good company and laughs! (sorry about the dog kisses Mary Lou! blush.gif)

Hey! Cool ropeup.

Drank lots of beer,

hung out with charismatic cc.commies,

met new cc.commies,

got to ride in a Jag,

got in a good mileage climbing day,

drank lots of beer,

shot a BB-gun,

saw some cool slide shows.

Thanks everybody!

Can somebody tell me what happened at the end of Pax's slideshow though? I couldn't quite figure out the theme. Seemed like he was just running through random pictures from his harddrive. So I just went to sleep. boxing_smiley.gifgrin.gif

I just needed to post something today so I could see the little cake thingy next to my name.

Condo Corners is a fun pitch, and the Regular Route has a couple of scary ones. thumbs_up.gif and Geek_em8.gif, respectively.

Good that the projector and stuff is back on this side ofthe hill. If it is with Matt I have only Tuesday or Sunday of this week that I can make it down there.

Are you all too partied out to have a Pubclub on Tuesday and make the trip a little more worth the time? Or sould I just plan on picking up gear.

Of course if someone steps up to get stuff closer or even to the island thats ok too.

Oh, and thanks ketch for the projecter and screen. bigdrink.gif

We were there and drank our share. It got late and everyone quieted down and went to bed. There were no keg-stands, song-fests, or fist-fights. I think Carol was dissappointed. It was good to see you guys again. I didn't do any climbing but all in all it was a great time. This was the second year in a row that nobody peed on my tent.

Lets all give a hand to KETCH!

Not only did he trust us to take care of his equipment, he took four ferry rides and drove at least four hours just so we could have a digital projector and screen. Tonight, he was taking a ferry and driving at least an hour each way to pick up the stuff he lent us. And he couldn't even attend the event!

Thanks, Ketch.

This was the second year in a row that nobody peed on my tent.

As you get older, you become thankful for every day you wake up and are not that person. crazy.gif

As Matt says, kudos to Ketch for above and beyond! bigdrink.gifthumbs_up.gif

Blake, I have your NZ slideshow disc.

The iconoclast that is Beck made an appearance, rode his bike from Skykomish for the event...good to see him replentishing before the trip back! bigdrink.gifhahaha.gifconfused.gif

You all are so beautiful, Man. cry.gif