pdx ice festival???

vert

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I have the 70m rope now? How about one or both of the doubles?

The bad news is that I will likely win all three ropes since I have a proven track record of winning booty as karmatic pay back for the $1,000s I throw at gear companies almost monthly.

The good news is that since John has squandered much of the summer getting off route dry tooling up mid-fifth Cascade ridges when he should have been dry tooling under PDX city bridges, that the comp is up for grabs. I am too worried that I may puncture my beer-filled camelback to compete so it'll really be wide open.

Well, I have terrible news for all of you: your hopes of winning either the ropes or the comp are now gone. Why you may ask? Since the comp will not be done in 'pons, I will actually--climb--the route, with 50% less flailing, increasing my odds of winning by 365%. Time to call your bookie.

But it's only footwork you say? How can Troy possibly win with only footwork? Well, my Barry Bonds approved steriod regimine has provided me with forearms the size of your fat girlfriends waist. I don't even know what "pump" means outside of a gas station. Oh, and that girlfreind? She'll be waiting for me at the car as I go laughing all the way home to the bat cave.

And the drawing, well, I don't think I even need to mention that one. I'm just a complete lock for it.

'nuff said wink.gif

The good news is that since John has squandered much of the summer getting off route dry tooling up mid-fifth Cascade ridges when he should have been dry tooling under PDX city bridges, that the comp is up for grabs. I am too worried that I may puncture my beer-filled camelback to compete so it'll really be wide open.

yelrotflmao.gif

That and since I am route setting it wouldn't be fair if I competed (same with Marcus) so I won't be.

I bet BillCoe is going to dust off his Foot Fangs and Chouinard Zeros and spank all you hahaha.gifyellaf.gifwazzup.gif

Bump for Tonight is THE night of Drytooling magic and this needs to be on top right now. I'm back home filthy from Beacon threashing in the middle of nowhere to the top (Route=uprising or alternative name Moss, Choss and Toss). I'll clean off and head over to visit and enter the free beer drinking contest/eldery decrepid geriatric division.

As should you slackers reading this:-)

______________________________________________________-

Back home now and the thing is over, this was an awesome Event, I'll let John post the whole story with pics and 4 part harmoney, but a good time was had by all for sure.

I guess I'm also damn happy that John is cranking so hard on the arrangements and it was so successful, but mostly that he has found a home at the Portland Rock Gym too. As I understand it, Gary didn't make a dime by showing his support, (in fact - his worker dude was working his ass off picking up things:-) so I hope that the climbing community supports PRG by way of payback.

It' was way good to see Gary again too.

Bill

Edited by billcoe

Very fun, indeed. It was a great time; didn't think so many people would show up!

Thanks to all the sponsors, to the PRG crew and owner for hosting it, and to Marcus and John for putting it all together. Maybe next time, we can do more routes, and go a bit later!

"Thanks to John and Marcus and ...." = gimme a freakin' break. Did John or Marcus have to DJ an after party until the sun came up with a broken CD player and a limited supply of pre-1989 hip hop cassettes and no advance notice or planning? Now that was real work.

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Thanks to you, too, Doug...but you made it look so easy!

Don't give yourself away cool.gif

"someone toss him up a Fusion!" yellaf.gif

thanks again John & Marcus for putting on a great event! And thanks to the pdx rock gym and the sponsors for making it a reality. This kind of event is really great for the popularity of the sport and for the community. thumbs_up.gif

Hail John and Marcus! It was incredibly generous that the Portland Rock Gym to offer the venue. Especially the gym employees who were working hard all night and the next morning vacuming shreded wood chips and spilt beer.

Can't say enough about it. But, it certainly beat shivering at Rock Butte with some tikas (and in keeping with the Butte, some black tar heroin instead of Full Sail brews.

I'm already looking forward to next year.

Excellent work Marcus and John! It seemed like everyone had a great time. Also special thanks to Gary and the two employees from the Portland Rock Gym that worked the event.(Hopefully there was a little booze left at the end of the night for you to enjoy.) I didn't win any of the comps or prizes from the raffles but I did get handed a business card from a Mr. Mike Layton. Funny, I heard he only worked on sheep and goats??? Had a wonderful time, thanks guys!