Snakes on a Plane

catbirdseat

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking forward to this being at the $3.00 theater in about 4 weeks where I can eat Flying Pie Pizza and not care if I wasted $3.00 on a movie.

I wonder how much they paid a PR firm to come up wiht that uber-creative name for the movie.

-r

I'm not sure you guys really understands this film. Take another look and ask yourselves, what is this film trying to tell us about the role of technology in bringing about socio-political change? I think in looking at with a different perspective you'll see what the "snakes" really represent.

I'm not sure you guys really understands this film. Take another look and ask yourselves, what is this film trying to tell us about the role of technology in bringing about socio-political change? I think in looking at with a different perspective you'll see what the "snakes" really represent.

Let me guess: Your job is to write those pithy little 'introductions' to all those horrid displays of 'publically funded 'art''. You know, those ones that look like a someone nailed a bunch of Coke cans to a rotating metal pole and then you write some blurb about how it represents 'the essential organic tension between modern technology and lost ancient goddess cultures blah blah blah'. Meanwhile, you and the 'artist' are sitting at some spendy cafe (after picking up your checks from the Publically Funded Art Dept) bemoaning modern American culture. Nice work if you can get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me guess: Your job is to write those pithy little 'introductions' to all those horrid displays of 'publically funded 'art''. You know, those ones that look like a someone nailed a bunch of Coke cans to a rotating metal pole and then you write some blurb about how it represents 'the essential organic tension between modern technology and lost ancient goddess cultures blah blah blah'. Meanwhile, you and the 'artist' are sitting at some spendy cafe (after picking up your checks from the Publically Funded Art Dept) bemoaning modern American culture. Nice work if you can get it.

Careful dude. Sounds like you're channeling me here.

Better self administer a dozen back-issues of "The Nation" or scroll through half as many threads over at Kosland post-haste and sleep it off.