55 in a 50!!!!!!

olyclimber

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Son do you know what I'm stoppin you fo?"

"Cause I'm young and I'm black and my hats pulled down low? do I look like I mindreada, sir I don't know"

"Well you where doing 55 in a 54, license and registration, step outta the car"

"your honor I'm really sorry, we were doing the speed limit but my kid was fiddling around and threw his teddy bear at me and it hit my NOS button and before i knew it we had rapidly excellerated from 50 to a mind blowing 55!"

WTF?

State Patrol or local?

I've always played the game of they don't pull you over until you're going 10mph over.

I would think you could get that 5mph-over ticket thrown out no problemo.

Maybe you could question the 3 sigma rating of the radar gun Gary. in Latin.

WTF?

State Patrol or local?

I've always played the game of they don't pull you over until you're going 10mph over.

Generally that is the case but I'm willing to bet the cop made a special exception just for Oly because he drives that hippie esq machine... probably was hoping for a mushsmile.gif bust

WTF?

State Patrol or local?

Generally that is the case but I'm willing to bet the cop made a special exception just for MrE because he drives that hippie van... probably was hoping for a mushsmile.gif bust

A quick review of the thread seems to indicate to me that it was Olympia Climber (not Mr.E) that was pulled over for this egregious offense. Also, E don't drive that pot wagon no more. He be drivin a mini-Hummer now that runs on straight spotted owl blood.

Edit: You have learned the ways of the stealth edit well my son. Now you must master the koan of the multiple avatars.

About 15 years ago, I once drove out to Monroe to contest a ticket I received in Gold Bar. I was busted doing 45 in a 35 or something like that, ccoming down the hill from the saw shop. I didn't really have much of a defense, but figured I'd get points off for showing up. The kindly judge marked my ticket down from something like $118.00 to $109.00 and suggested I was wasting his and my time.

I don't think a ticket for 55 in a 50, by itself, is likely to drive your insurance rates through the roof. If you don't have other violations on your record and don't habitually drive such that you are likely to get more, you might consider just paying the fine and forgetting about it.

If you DO decide to contest it, find out about exactly how to do so or you may be wasting your time and that of the court. I don't practice in that area but, from what I understand, contesting the calibration on the radar guns is not the way to go any more.

"Son do you know what I'm stoppin you fo?"

"Cause I'm young and I'm black and my hats pulled down low? do I look like I mindreada, sir I don't know"

"Well you where doing 55 in a 54, license and registration, step outta the car"

There's no way I would have passed the Criminal Procedure section of the bar exam without Jay-Z.

The glove compartments locked,

So's the trunk in da back.

If you wanna look around,

You's gonna need a warrant for dat.

I got 99 problems, but being a bitch ain't one. rockband.gif

Edited by dt_3pin

Many years ago my wife was pulled over in her '62 Corvette for going 120 mph at 2 am on the Corona Del Mar Freeway. She explained that she had to open her up every once in a while to clean out the four barrel carburetor. The cop only wanted to see under the hood and off she went with no ticket.