Prusik/Enchantments Weather Question

layton

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't spent much time there in crappy weather like we are having in bellingham right now. IF the forecast says rain in Leavenworth, would that probably mean rain around Prusik?>

I know that sounds like a stupid question, but I've heard that it's location can make for good(at least better) weather than other places when it's crappy out.

If the storms dont have a lot of punch then it could be a good gamble. Also it depends on what you are willing to put up with....

Rain in Lworth is likely rain on the hike in and snow on Prusik.. Agree with guys above. But I have had luck fall on the other side of the coin before.

Here's a photo Highlander took of us checking out weather up in the Stuart Range 2 weeks ago. Fluffy white things falling from all directions.

-

[ 11-07-2002, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

quote:

Originally posted by michael_layton:

Lets just say it was a very nice "backpacking" trip. Need to leave the car a wee bit earlier next time.

I love packing it in your back! Did the ether burn your nostrils like last time?

Not quite a meta-grovel, but sporting. My legs are a bit tweaked still, free thermarest on the trail for ya', your welcome, but I'd love to have it back. Not a hint of Stench Oxen, though, it's winter up there.

Snow Creek Wall was in great shape for all you newbie climbers looking for a first date experience to remember.

quote:

Originally posted by SEF:

quote:

Originally posted by Bronco:

Heres a link to SCW web cam.

As of November 4, 2002 ---- 8:30 AM when checked on 11/13.

How often is this updated? Does not seem real useful for checking current weather.

It use to be daily back in the spring and summer. Lately it been every few days or once a week.

I'll dare to be the weatherman until saturday there in the Enchantments-

Cloudy skies. 80-90% chance of precipitation every day. Snow level 4000 feet el. Windy at times. Some wind gusts reaching 30 miles an hour on ridge crests. Temps ranging from low tenties at night to high 30s mid day (even lower at upper elevations).

70% chance of seeing a snaffle [sNAFFLEHOUND] near the south face of prusik and around Nada Lake. 75% Chance of mountain goats on or around Snow Creek Wall. 5% chance of seeing a bear.

Highlander and Caveman putting their overgrown snaffle to good use. This rare breed of snaffle was once common in the pacific NW but is very rare now. Many scientists speculate that their numbers are decreasing due to the reliance of climbers on the beasts as an emergency bivy sack when stranded in cold condtions.

-