Steve House Seriously Injured on Chipped Sport Rt

G-spotter

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, God, I was afraid it was a Gym Jones tire-dragging accident brought on by the fanatical, overzealous proddings of Mark Twight.

Sounded like an April Fool's story to me, despite the date being a little late. Smith's "notoriously drilled" sport route...inconceivable! Those are gas pockets!

Lately, these hotshot uberalpinists have been getting injuries at the start of the season that are just serious enough to let them off the hook. Witness how Tommy went cragging in Lofoten last summer after winning a grant to try to free the West Face of Thor. hellno3d.gif I think there was some tendinitis or broken foot story there.

It seems like an obvious joke story. Besides the obvious comic sendup material of super fast and light toughguy alpinist secretly seiging a sportclimb for 7 months and getting "seriously injured" because he didn't have any sportos around to tell him how to warm up...

Does Steve House live in Bend?

The bar at Santa Barbara airport?

"less recognized Piolet d'Orr?"

Can crimp but can't open-hand?

It seems like an obvious joke story. Besides the obvious comic sendup material of super fast and light toughguy alpinist secretly seiging a sportclimb for 7 months and getting "seriously injured" because he didn't have any sportos around to tell him how to warm up...

Does Steve House live in Bend?

The bar at Santa Barbara airport?

"less recognized Piolet d'Orr?"

Can crimp but can't open-hand?

DING!

...Though he does live in Bend.

• 4 weeks later...

OMG!

BTW, I recently received a package from my best Bud "Steve-O", and the return address was BEND, OR!?!?!

The address was somewhat hard to read which I attribute to that blown finger tendon... pitty.gif

OMG! Can you believe it!?!?

p.s. Steve-O told me that the Rupal was more like 10c and he's just tryin' to sandbag Tomaz Humar into givin' it a go. "Just wait 'til that whiney bitch hits the crux! MUHAHAHA!!! He'll be callin' in another heli-rescue!" he said.

I swear tuh GAWD he did.