Dividend Time Again!

Mos_Chillin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have REI visa too. I use it whenever I can for big purchases. Got $170 back. Might switch to an airline Visa at some point, but we'll see.

Airline Visa is the way to go. What is the point of racking up a big dividend if you all you can spend it on is nalgenes and helmets you can tear with your hands? If REI actually carried a fine selection of climbing equipment I could understand having a REI Visa but they don't...

Free airline tickets thumbs_up.gif

And oh yeah... I pay mine off every month so I'm not getting smileysex5.giftongue.gif

Ditto to Mattd and FenderFour... REI's selection is pretty limited for technical gear. The local shops have the more specialized goods.

However, I do capitalize on the REI Outlet Clearance deals. Sadly those are all non-dividendable purchases, though.

Airline Visa is the way to go. What is the point of racking up a big dividend if you all you can spend it on is nalgenes and helmets you can tear with your hands? If REI actually carried a fine selection of climbing equipment I could understand having a REI Visa but they don't...

And the few bits of gear you'd be interesting in having can almost always be bought cheaper from some other source. Sure it's "free" but you can get more from your money elsewhere. Currently an airline card is the best value for my money, but that may change.

$167 here.

John, airline visas charge an annual fee. With the rei visa, there is no fee, and I understand that if you wait a certain period, you get cash.

Very true... mine is 70 bucks a year which to me doesn't seem like much... especially when I racked up 34K miles in the past 3 months smile.gif and they give me buddy coupons that allow anybody to fill to the same destination as me for 50 bucks thumbs_up.gif

Very true... mine is 70 bucks a year which to me doesn't seem like much... especially when I racked up 34K miles in the past 3 months smile.gif and they give me buddy coupons that allow anybody to fill to the same destination as me for 50 bucks thumbs_up.gif

If you are an elite member (25k+ miles/year) the airline will waive/reduce the fee.

Ummm... no. yellaf.gif

Edit: I understand what you are getting but their is no way I could have prevented this due to buying a house, taking graduate classes and quitting my job for 8 months. The amount and number of deductions I qualified for was just too much grin.giffruit.gif

Edited by John Frieh

kozak...the repub/bush government has been the reason for huge increases in govt in the last 5 years. i dont think a single spending bill put forth by the repubs has been turned down. lets not talk about the pork barrelling by your congress and reps.

just shows that both politcal parties are the same. they just try to spin their reality in a different light. onlhy real difference i can see is that bush is attempting to erode our personal rights for his and his friends profit.

I love tax time. I owe over eight grand this year. can't wait to mail in that check...

maybe I should just send it directly to Iraq.

you reap what you sow: big gov't = big taxes.

:-))

8K? you might consider adjusting the # of exemptions on your W-4, BTW...

What I sow? I didn't vote for this government.

And why would I give them an interest free loan every paycheck?

And its capital gains, like the genius above figured out w/o too much trouble, BTW...

kozak...the repub/bush government has been the reason for huge increases in govt in the last 5 years.

It's incremental. Government grows with each administration, and, like "sticky wages" in economics, you have "sticky big government". When power shifts to the other party they grow government in different areas, at different rates, but it is rare to cut anything once it's been established. As long as people are in the mindset that the government owes them, and must take care of every problem, the nanny state will only grow. Hence, we reap what we sow.