Winter Blues

snugtop

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really, really feeling it this week too. City + grey, + rain, + lack of outdoor adventure, kind of a downhill spiral for me. I know other people are fine with it, but it's hard. I used to go to SA a couple of times per winter but with a 1 year old that's over for now. Buy a ticket to San Diego for a weekend, gives you something to look forward to and the sun and temps will help. Superfoods too to keep immunity, energy etc. up. Good luck ), you'll get through it. For me it's a question of do I want to endure this every year? Making a long-term plan might be part of this year's solution.

I'd move.

Yeah, i'd second that. I tried the PNW thing from '00 to '02 and I was "off keel" after that first winter ,for sure. My bro has lived up there for ten years and he loves the weather and has no effect on him. Hits some and misses others.

Within a week of moving back to CO, the winter blues were gone and have never returned. Cured by sunshine.

If you are one of those hit hard by it then you should really think about living elsewhere... in the sun.

I'd move.

Yeah, i'd second that. I tried the PNW thing from '00 to '02 and I was "off keel" after that first winter ,for sure. My bro has lived up there for ten years and he loves the weather and has no effect on him. Hits some and misses others.

Within a week of moving back to CO, the winter blues were gone and have never returned. Cured by sunshine.

If you are one of those hit hard by it then you should really think about living elsewhere... in the sun.

3rded. Perhaps if I had a job where I wasn't in an office 5 days a week it'd be different, but that's not current reality.

I'd move.

Yeah, Ya'll can feel free to move back to wherever it is you came from. tongue.gif