Hope Bush was a little uncomfortable!!!

whidbey

I wonder if Bush knew who CSK was.

Oh come on, don't be a fool. He was briefed by his press secretary the very morning of the funeral.

I've always thought of him in the Reagan mold - given a briefing to read but skipping it because the Sound of Music was on TV

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm...Geek_em8.gif I reread this and it appears I at least partially misconstrued your misconstruing me. So, anyway, I'll continue...*cough cough* ahem

So back to my original query - one's stance on things like afirmative action, immigration policy, etc are clear indicators of hatred for particular races, and voting one for them renders one part of the "racist vote?" Bush is deliberately calculating his policies to appeal to people for whom the primary determinant of their voting behavior is racism? Interesting viewpoint.

Though noone but you has yet brought up affirmative action, you really seem to want to tie this in here so here goes.

I think there are probably many naysayers of affirmative action who have noble or, at least, non-racist motives. I also think that a politician taking a stand against affirmative action will appeal to racists on that basis. The previous two sentences are not contradictory.

The border fence is a similar issue, though a little harder to defend with a non-racist straight face, and the smearing of John McCain is pure hate politics (I notice you didn't address that one).

Is Bush deliberately pandering to the "racist vote" through policies and actions? Why yes, that is my premise!

Ummm...Geek_em8.gif I reread this and it appears I at least partially misconstrued your misconstruing me. So, anyway, I'll continue...*cough cough* ahem

So back to my original query - one's stance on things like afirmative action, immigration policy, etc are clear indicators of hatred for particular races, and voting one for them renders one part of the "racist vote?" Bush is deliberately calculating his policies to appeal to people for whom the primary determinant of their voting behavior is racism? Interesting viewpoint.

Though noone but you has yet brought up affirmative action, you really seem to want to tie this in here so here goes.

I think there are probably many naysayers of affirmative action who have noble or, at least, non-racist motives. I also think that a politician taking a stand against affirmative action will appeal to racists on that basis. The previous two sentences are not contradictory.

The border fence is a similar issue, though a little harder to defend with a non-racist straight face, and the smearing of John McCain is pure hate politics (I notice you didn't address that one).

Is Bush deliberately pandering to the "racist vote" through policies and actions? Why yes, that is my premise!

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

While were working to clear things up, I should point out that it is probably a more generally accepted premise that Bush is a facist who just doesn't care about the problems of non-whites in this world than it is that he is a racist in the classical KKK sense of the word.

Nothing is a more fitting tribute to CSK herself than to speak of the issues she fought for at her funeral.

The Bush administration's policies have been nothing but racist from Day One. From Jay's repeated denials I'm wondering if it's accidental or if the administration is just doing a really good job of spinning it. I'm guessing the latter.

No, it's just denial. I can list a number of domestic policy things about the Bush administration that should be truly disturbing to just about anyone and I can never get die-hard Republicans to talk about them seriously. They're always go off on some tangent about terrorism or immigrants or Clinton or some such diversionary topic.

No, it's just denial. I can list a number of domestic policy things about the Bush administration that should be truly disturbing to just about anyone and I can never get die-hard Republicans to talk about them seriously. They're always go off on some tangent about terrorism or immigrants or Clinton or some such diversionary topic.

Hey, they can't do basic fact checking on themselves

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/07/AR2006020701913.html

Give them a break! yelrotflmao.gif

Nothing is a more fitting tribute to CSK herself than to speak of the issues she fought for at her funeral.

The Bush administration's policies have been nothing but racist from Day One. From Jay's repeated denials I'm wondering if it's accidental or if the administration is just doing a really good job of spinning it. I'm guessing the latter.

This Guy might not agree with you. Ditto for These Guys etc, etc, etc, etc.

But especially this guy:

Author.gif

Just be sure not to taint your mind by peering between the covers of this racist screed....

0688062695.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg