Hope Bush was a little uncomfortable!!!

whidbey

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing is a more fitting tribute to CSK herself than to speak of the issues she fought for at her funeral.

The Bush administration's policies have been nothing but racist from Day One. From Jay's repeated denials I'm wondering if it's accidental or if the administration is just doing a really good job of spinning it. I'm guessing the latter.

This Guy might not agree with you. Ditto for These Guys etc, etc, etc, etc.

But especially this guy:

Author.gif

Just be sure not to taint your mind by peering between the covers of this racist screed....

0688062695.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Ahh, so you are arguing that the majority of the black population (remember 85% didn't vote for Bush) doesn't know whats good for them. Nice to see you coming out as a smug condscending conservative.

The guy has something like 2% approval rating among blacks, breaks with tradition and doesn't attend the NAACP convention even once in five years in office, bungles the hurricane response, refuses to meet with the black congressional caucus, and is attending the funeral of a life long civil rights and peace activist who fought against the powers that spawned the current upper echelons of the GOP. Southern strategy ring a bell?

What did you expect to happen?

With the BoyKing out of his insulated bubble, away from his hand selected audiences and talking point applause line comforts, someone could speak truth to power. And they did so. Something I believe Dr. and Mrs. King would very much support as their ENTIRE LEGACY is one of speaking truth to power in a fight for equality and peace.

But why don't we just STFU and listen to how Dr. King himself spoke while eulogizing the children who were killed in the 16th St Baptist church bombing in 1963:

"...They have something to say to every politician [Audience:] (Yeah) who has fed his constituents with the stale bread of hatred and the spoiled meat of racism.

They have something to say to a federal government that has compromised with the undemocratic practices of southern Dixiecrats (Yeah) and the blatant hypocrisy of right-wing northern Republicans. (Speak)

They have something to say to every Negro (Yeah) who has passively accepted the evil system of segregation and who has stood on the sidelines in a mighty struggle for justice.

They say to each of us, black and white alike, that we must substitute courage for caution.

I'm sorry your genteel sensibilites were offended Jay.

Nothing is a more fitting tribute to CSK herself than to speak of the issues she fought for at her funeral.

The Bush administration's policies have been nothing but racist from Day One. From Jay's repeated denials I'm wondering if it's accidental or if the administration is just doing a really good job of spinning it. I'm guessing the latter.

This Guy might not agree with you. Ditto for These Guys etc, etc, etc, etc.

But especially this guy:

Author.gif

Just be sure not to taint your mind by peering between the covers of this racist screed....

0688062695.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Ahh, so you are arguing that the majority of the black population (remember 85% didn't vote for Bush) doesn't know whats good for them. Nice to see you coming out as a smug condscending conservative.

Just questioning the link between opposing AA and racism. Not accurate characterization of most people who harbor such beliefs IMO, and getting less and less effective as a substitute for convincing arguments with every passing year.

Just questioning the link between opposing AA and racism. Not accurate characterization of most people who harbor such beliefs IMO, and getting less and less effective as a substitute for convincing arguments with every passing year.

That's only among the whities JayB, only among the whities.

Don't sweat it, Jay.

For anybody who may have been confused: I was the one who modified my own post. Jay has not abused his moderator powers in a political argument.

I think you are full of sh*t here, but carry on.

Edited by mattp

Having read most all the threads before this.. I would still like to say.. If you still think Bush has a brain then I suggest you look inside yourself and think long and hard. Was it political grandstanding? Yes I think it was to a point. I also think that that is what the King's stood for. They stood up for what they believed in and I much appreiciate that and then some. I'm sorry that the first king had to pay the price with his life and i'm proud to think that the second one stood by all that the first one believed in.

If'n you have a problem with that well then... You should look inside. Nothing I have said isn't true and also isn't to the point.