climbing girls

Shan

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the deal? It seems like almost every cool climbing girl has a climbing boyfriend to boot. I can't remember the last time I met a cool climber girl who you could strike up a friendly conversation with about anything, without 5.12, WI6, Grade VII dude coming by and ruining it.

And when they are single, it lasts for about . . . that long.

All I want to do is meet a cool, worldy, intellegent, hot girl who leads 5.11, hell even 5.8, and doesn't mind crashing in the back of the truck for a weekend at the crags or ice or whatever.

Here's my stab at it. smirk.gif

Where have you been looking besides here on cc.com?

How often do you climb?

dude, stay away. climbing girls are just as fucked up as climbing guys. imagine dating a male version of you. also, imagine screaming at your girlfriend cuz she's taking way to fucking long to lead/follow a pitch. that's a good time. i've only known one cool climbing chick in my whole life. give up. don't do it.

find some girl that's mildly interesting in rock climbing, and train her to like cragging. that way you can go alpine climbing with your bro's, and on penalty days, you still get to go climbing, and who cares how good she climbs as long as she "just likes getting out" and can belay you.

boy am i gonna get nailed for this post.

yelrotflmao.gif Just make sure you consider the source of internet advice. No wonder you've got so many posts about women troubles, Mike. I guess cc.com was due for another one of these "I can't find a gf/bf who climbs and gets me" whine fests. Let the entertainment begin.

IMO relationships based primarily on a shared recreational pursuit are doomed eventually. It takes a lot more than climbing/biking/hiking/playing chess/or smileysex5.gif together to make a real relationship work. Having fun together is important, but alone isn't enough to sustain anything beyond that infatuation period.

Minx -

There is a point in life where "settling" is quite often preferred to "optimizing."

Once a friend told me that he felt betrayed every time one of his climbing buddies got married.

PP--

i don't get it, did your friend feel that his buddies had settled? or did he feel like his pals were cheating on him?

i just wonder how many of these guys whining about wanting all this time to go climbing w/o bitching from their g/f a) actually want a g/f or would be just as happy w/ a fuck buddy (not passing judgement here, nothing wrong w/either answer) b) would be as patient if their g/f had an activity/hobby other than climbing that took her away from home/the relationship for extended time periods.

I think the best choic eis a GF who understands and is willing to hit the crag from time to time. I dated a girl who lived in B-ham. It was great to crash at her place after climbing in the North Cascades. As a bonus, she liked to boulder at Clayton. Nothing like a summer day on a beach climbing with the GF. <memories>

What's the deal? It seems like almost every cool climbing girl has a climbing boyfriend to boot. I can't remember the last time I met a cool climber girl who you could strike up a friendly conversation with about anything, without 5.12, WI6, Grade VII dude coming by and ruining it.

There are far more women who climb than there are 5.12 WI6 Grade VII studs. For that matter, there are plenty of women who have been with strong climbers and are happier now with boyfriends who aren't as strong.

And when they are single, it lasts for about . . . that long.

Totally untrue. I know quite a few women climbers who are single and have been single for a while.

Minx -

There is a point in life where "settling" is quite often preferred to "optimizing."

Once a friend told me that he felt betrayed every time one of his climbing buddies got married.

PP--

i don't get it, did your friend feel that his buddies had settled? or did he feel like his pals were cheating on him?

i just wonder how many of these guys whining about wanting all this time to go climbing w/o bitching from their g/f a) actually want a g/f or would be just as happy w/ a fuck buddy (not passing judgement here, nothing wrong w/either answer) b) would be as patient if their g/f had an activity/hobby other than climbing that took her away from home/the relationship for extended time periods.

Settling was unrelated to the marrige comment.

There is nothing wrong with a fuck buddy but at some point many decide that "settling" maybe isn't so bad ...