climbing girls

Shan

What's the deal? It seems like almost every cool climbing girl has a climbing boyfriend to boot. I can't remember the last time I met a cool climber girl who you could strike up a friendly conversation with about anything, without 5.12, WI6, Grade VII dude coming by and ruining it.

And when they are single, it lasts for about . . . that long.

All I want to do is meet a cool, worldy, intellegent, hot girl who leads 5.11, hell even 5.8, and doesn't mind crashing in the back of the truck for a weekend at the crags or ice or whatever.

Here's my stab at it. smirk.gif

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're rare, and they have all of the climbing guys they want to choose from. Climbing is a male-populated sport, deal with it.

I'm sure there are lot of women who just want that one man who can be sensitive, in touch with his feelings, and able to read her thoughts at any given time, just like she can. rolleyes.gif

Perhaps you should wonder not why women are not climbers, but instead why climbers are not women? yoda.gif

I just got on here so I don't have any pictures. Besides, I wouldn't want to scare anybody. blush.gif

Seriously though, you are right. Male dominated sports aren't the place to meet people. But I'm sensitive, I wear tight bouldering shoes and everything. I'm in touch with my feelings, I wimper and cry on runout slabs and I get really mad at my partners sometimes when they get off route.

We should just have a huge campaign to get more women into climbing, then we would all be happy. Maybe girls might even have to fight over the available guys . . . now that's a concept.

Maybe girls might even have to fight over the available guys . . . now that's a concept.

Suck it up and go to some weddings. Most women aren't interested in a man with actual dirtbag, minimalist, masochistic, caveman-fantasy rock climbing obsessions--just pretend ones that make him seem cool and manly, but don't actually distract him from domestic capacities. Bet you thought that "let's play house" shit was just pretend, dittn't cha? pitty.gif

Suck it up and go to some weddings. Most women aren't interested in a man with actual dirtbag, minimalist, masochistic, caveman-fantasy rock climbing obsessions--just pretend ones that make him seem cool and manly, but don't actually distract him from domestic capacities. Bet you thought that "let's play house" shit was just pretend, dittn't cha? pitty.gif

The man is wise beyond his years. Internalize that one chaps, truer words have seldom been spoken.

dude, stay away. climbing girls are just as fucked up as climbing guys. imagine dating a male version of you. also, imagine screaming at your girlfriend cuz she's taking way to fucking long to lead/follow a pitch. that's a good time. i've only known one cool climbing chick in my whole life. give up. don't do it.

find some girl that's mildly interesting in rock climbing, and train her to like cragging. that way you can go alpine climbing with your bro's, and on penalty days, you still get to go climbing, and who cares how good she climbs as long as she "just likes getting out" and can belay you.

boy am i gonna get nailed for this post.

find some girl that's mildly interesting in rock climbing, and train her to like cragging. that way you can go alpine climbing with your bro's, and on penalty days, you still get to go climbing, and who cares how good she climbs as long as she "just likes getting out" and can belay you...

...and dresses crag-sexy (prana top, high shorts, etc). Very important for making other dudes at the crag wish that they had a climber chick like you do; then you can make them feel even more shitty by talking about how you send 5.12, WI6, Grade VII, etc.

Yep, if they're already a climber then they've already put up with endless rounds of your sh#t from someone else. It's a lot easier to go back out to the "world" and reel in one fresh to climbing. Mike's advice isn't bad either. My wife is a great climber, did a couple of years of it getting to where she could lead .10's before getting attached to Astanga yoga and while we rarely climb together she totally understands me needing to do it. So now it's not a problem for me to climb and hell, after 8 years of Astanga she'd kick my ass if she started back up so it's ok if she just stays home and thinks I'm the burly one...