What do you do on christmas night?

TREETOAD

Any christmas traditions? Any wierd relatives come to visit? Bizarre stories? Your best present ever? Worst?

When I was little my mom invited this old poor guy for dinner that she had met on the bus the day before, he had the same last name as us and she took is as some sign. He turned out to pretty cool as I remember. My dad gave him one of his gifts (socks). Anyway he stayed the night at our house and spent boxing day with us as people came to visit. My mom really knew how to keep christmas. Every year she made sure that all the special things got done the same way. I guess that is how traditions happen.

That christmas always comes to mind when I think of what it is supposed to mean.

One of the things that we always did on christmas night was listen to A childs christmas in Wales by Dylan Thomas and we do it still. Nowadays my family is more into celebrating the winter solstice because it seems to make more sense, but the christmas thing is still fun to do.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Traditions-

Since I was little, my parents always let us open one gift (Christmas Eve).

When you are 8 you think you're getting one up on them. I of course would squeeze every gift and get all excited and show my Mother, and she would say, 'hmm not that one, what about that one' and I'd lift it up. After several package squeezings, she'd let me open one. It didn't occur to me until I was in HIGH SCHOOL.....that it was rigged. She began the tradition of pajamas. Being 31, I look forward to getting some funky, girly, flannel pajamas. I don't exactly wear them year round, but I do look forward to them. And you can't beat flannel sometimes. Especially when you are all dressed up that night...that is the first thing I ask to do now so I can get in some comfy clothes!

• 1 month later...

Last year we spend most of christmas getting drunk in my living room. By about 9pm we were getting a little restless so we all went for a walk around the neighborhood. We found a really obnoxious lighted nativity scene with Joeseph holding his hands above Jesus and Mary on her knees on the other side. We all knew what had to be done. So we got jesus out of the way and unplugged his lights and moved Mary and Joeseph a little closer together to create a much more heartwarming scene. I will now make this a christmas tradition. I have some pictures I will post later.

...So we got jesus out of the way and unplugged his lights and moved Mary and Joeseph a little closer together to create a much more heartwarming scene. I will now make this a christmas tradition. I have some pictures I will post later.

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif So, where're those pics?

I will have to dig them up from the bowels of my home computer. It will be late tonight. I was just thinking that if there really was a heaven and the whole gate thing is right, I cant wait till they ask me the question about booting jesus out of the way in order to place mary in a compromising position.