I have found hell

fenderfour

It's called Plano, Texas. Mile after mile of flat developed desert. The stripmalls are only outmatched by the overstated housing projects. The overstated housing projects are connected by two different turnpikes (tolled) called the "George Bush Turnpike". I thought that all of the spraying about back-water attitudes and racisim in Texas were a crock of poo. After spending a week in a city suburb of Dallas/Fortworth, I see the truth.

It was a surreal experience. I spent one night in a North Texas "Yacht Club" tasting Washington wine out of paper cups. Another afternoon was spent at the Bass Pro shop bar, drinking their beer. We astonished the other patrons by downing a couple of "stouts" without wincing.

On the other hand, those MF'ers know their steak.

Have you found hell?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Umatilla is 'not nice'-Ok I think that is hell in the NW.

I grew up in LA....near MGM studios in the 80's.....that was slight hell.....and was born in the same hospital Michael Jackson went to when he burnt the back of his greasy head in that Pepsi comm. Now that is hell......

Hollywood....fake people with fake parts living fake lives in a cement city......hot city.......fun sometimes but no trees no mt's- no good air!

I believe that I'll contribute another TX locale for hell. Van Horn, TX. this little bit of hell is somewher in western TX. When you get to Van Horn, it's been at least a 100 miles since you've seen another car. when you leave the road is straigtht and flat for the next 100 miles complete with the reassuring sign "next services 93 miles".

face it people, if you've chosen climbing as your passion in life, TX is just unacceptable. Why do you go there?