Deck off Ruby's Cafe

John Frieh

blue 23 blue 23 ready set hike.

"on 2nites sports recap we return the battle ground of the armchair mtneer. as we all know this is a playing field for the only most cold hearted and bloated pale office worker. where one can lash out and attempt to throw their half cocked little experienced emotionally driven opinion all the way home.

who here has lead something other then incredible hand crack at the creek, i think that i can count only a few folks.

1. wrong size gear

2. dirty cams

3. inexperience with sandstone

4. endurance

5. technique

6. shoddy belaying skills

having a helmet on is inmaterial in this discussion.

freedom of the hills, not the opinion of unknowledgeable.

i wish i was an expert.

i wish i was an expert.

i wish i was an expert.

damn...you sound kinda bitter...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually i am sitting on the couch with me feet up, drinking coffee, watching it snow and tending the fire. the only thing i am bitter about is the fact that i have no bacon to go with my eggs.

well that seems to be a fine place in which to armchair quarterback this discussion from the_finger.gif

Psh. For the record, I didn't bring up the helmet discussion, but it did come up. I am happier when my friends wear helmets while climbing. But most of you are not my friends, so wear whatever you want when you decide to go ripping out all your gear and decking.

rolleyes.gif

i generally don't rip gear...but if your's is in the habit of rippin, perhaps you should keep wearing your brain bucket and stop climbing... yellaf.gif

so wear whatever you want when you decide to go ripping out all your gear and decking.

rolleyes.gif

I prefer to wear a clown suit and bunny slippers, sometimes a plastic viking hat with horns.

i have a cupple of things to say on this topic.

I have my bunny slippers on RIGHT NOW cool.gif

and

K-Dog/ Tex i miss you and Drac A TON I was hoping you would put your sense in on this topic and i am glad to read it.

Muffy

Damn, how the hell do you fall flat-assed sideways onto a rock (even sandstone!) and only walk away with bruised ribs? shocked.gif I figure the kid has only 8 lives left...MAX! WTF is that? Rubber ribs?

If we could figure that out and sell that, it might make helmets obsolete and us rich.

Thanks A5 and John for the show.

My mouth is open! shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Great pics! cantfocus.gif

It looks like he didn't hit the ground with full fource in the pictures where he is hitting, you can see the piece is weighted. That was the only thing I could think of, it still is pretty surprising.

blue 23 blue 23 ready set hike.

"on 2nites sports recap we return the battle ground of the armchair mtneer. as we all know this is a playing field for the only most cold hearted and bloated pale office worker. where one can lash out and attempt to throw their half cocked little experienced emotionally driven opinion all the way home.

who here has lead something other then incredible hand crack at the creek, i think that i can count only a few folks.

1. wrong size gear

2. dirty cams

3. inexperience with sandstone

4. endurance

5. technique

6. shoddy belaying skills

having a helmet on is inmaterial in this discussion.

freedom of the hills, not the opinion of unknowledgeable.

i wish i was an expert.

i wish i was an expert.

i wish i was an expert.

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

• 3 years later...