best eastern WA town/city

svilar

I need you guys to help me determine the most liveable town on the east side of the Cascades. Originally from Seattle area, but escaped to Colorado for good weather and less traffic. However, I'm missing friends, proximity to saltwater, and the Pickets. I need to come back.

I can't handle constant rain and traffic anymore so looking for a town just on the other side of the crest. My girlfriend is somewhat of a hippie, so the place cannot be too stiflingly conservative. A good outdoor community (even if small) is considered a must. Help me come back to the Cascades!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If below is what you want then Wenatchee is not the place. Very rightward leaning, although progressive when it comes to some issues like alternative energy. Not hippie-ville...that would be more of Leavenworth. I just moved to Wenatchee from Bellingham two years ago and there is not much community in Wenatchee.

Try wentacheeoutdoors.com

rbwen

From previous post:

<<My girlfriend is somewhat of a hippie, so the place cannot be too stiflingly conservative. A good outdoor community (even if small) is considered a must.>>

Edited by rbwen

I didn't see anything about working....do you need a town where you can get a specific type of job? Or can you telecommute? Or are you independently wealthy, or fine with being poor?

If I had the option, I'd probably live in Mazama, Winthrop or Twisp in that order. Anywhere in the upper Methow Valley is pretty much hippy town. My inlaws live in the lower valley, and are pretty conservative. They get a little annoyed with the folks up there...but I like it.

If Eastern WA isn't a "must" then my town, Port Townsend, is hippyville for sure, and it's in the rain shadow so way more sunny days than Seattle.