Top Posters In This Topic

Here is some help.

Psalm 23-24

If the LORD delights in a man's way,

he makes his steps firm;

though he stumble, he will not fall,

for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

Matthew 14:23

After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone.

And for those who just can't climb...

Mark 11:23

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.

Jesus rockband.gif

Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone

I hear you call my name

And it feels like home

Chorus:

When you call my name it's like a little prayer

I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there

In the midnight hour I can feel your power

Just like a prayer you know I'll take you there

I hear your voice, it's like an angel sighing

I have no choice, I hear your voice

Feels like flying

I close my eyes, Oh God I think I'm falling

Out of the sky, I close my eyes

Heaven help me

(chorus)

Like a child you whisper softly to me

You're in control just like a child

Now I'm dancing

It's like a dream, no end and no beginning

You're here with me, it's like a dream

Let the choir sing

(chorus)

Just like a prayer, your voice can take me there

Just like a muse to me, you are a mystery

Just like a dream, you are not what you seem

Just like a prayer, no choice your voice can take me there

Just like a prayer, I'll take you there

It's like a dream to me

Brian, from your post I take it that you belong to the Modern Christian Club so I'll try to stay in that vernacular.

"Love your neighbor as yourself. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, and strength."

"A man makes his plans, but God orders his footsteps."

It seems to me if you "love...God with all your heart, mind, and strength", then you trust with as much commitment. If God orders your footsteps, then you trust every footfall is guided... including your last.

"The prayer of a righteous man avails much."

I believe the Judeo-Christian Bible defines a "righteous man" simply as one who trusts God. If one trusts God with the commitment stated above, there is little need of petition for anything including safety. There is only love, joy, peace, and a prayer of gratitude in every breath.

"Fear is not of God."

Fuck the mind games and anything anyone, including myself, tells you. Send deep and you can send, or not send, to your heart's delight.

whatever... here's your climber's prayer: "Thanks."

I really appreciate that everyone has taken this very seriously. I thought about posting it on Rock climbing.com but thought that this is the type of shit that I would run into. I had this slight notion that the individuals on cascadeclimbers where of a bit higher intellect and integrity. It takes a sorry soul to make fun and jokes about such an honest question. I really get tired of all the weekend warriors sitting in their office posting B.S. about this 5.8 they did and all the experience they have and making jokes of honest posts and questions, and taking seriously post like "Tape or No tape". Now once again if anyone has any REAL prayers I would greatly appreciate it.

With Much Thanks and Little Hope,

Bryan Schmitz

P.S. I hope that al of you who spent all that time putting together those dumb poems actually got out and did something this last weekend.

man, seems like someone gotta little too much starch in their collar/shorts...sheesh... thumbs_down.gif

You really need to ask for some formulaic quote to repeat to your God? Personally, when i speak to my God, i prefer to use my own words and my own thoughts...kinda like personal, you know...and i certainly don't go spraying on an internet bullshit site about what i said to Him...

you need to grow up/lighten up and not wear your faith on your sleeve around here...its kinda offensive...

Bullshit.

Mix it up. What's offensive Rudy? Not being more like you? Are you asking a moderator to censor his God fearing post?

I don't care what you say nor do I advise you to change. We would all be scratchin our butts if he hadn't posted. Instead we are having a deeply intellectual debate. Doh!

I for one, feel that prayer is the only thing that gets me through hard leads anymore.

I used to get into a Zen-like state where I would pull move after move and not remember any of it afterwards. Now I would pop a tendon getting my fat ass up that stuff.

But to answer the original question seriously, I think it is a contradiction to ask God for help getting through something I chose in order to challenge myself. There is that whole theological train of thought that says we should be letting go of our will and letting God guide our lives. I do not totally disregard that but I ask only for the guidance to find a range of acceptable choices. If we were not created to be individuals who can achieve a relationship with God then I don't get the point. Take responsibility for your own actions and weigh for yourself how they fit with a plan God might have.

And another thing... Before one of you lemming God bashers accuses me of being a creationist, I use the term loosely. The Bible is a snapshot of an anthology of mythologies at a particular point in their history of being interpreted by the editor dejouir. There is over 5000 years of human wisdom stored there in one form or another. It clearly isn't a roadmap for every action we might take but it has a few good points to make. Some of the best writers ever born contributed to it.

fuck off bug...he's the one that got his panties in a twist when some people made light of his post...fuck you again...

sheesh...and i never said i didn't have my own faith...i just don't need some bible thumping zealot to post on an OPEN forum and then get all hot and bothered and start preaching when some folks make light of it...deal with that... the_finger.gif

he finds it offensive when folks kid around...well, i find him and his preaching offensive (along with just about every motherfucker that tells me "how to find god" as if they know rolleyes.gif)

So...how's 'bout them apples?

Thank you Rudy.

My only regret is that I went to bed thinking I had not stirred something up.

fruit.gif

wave.gif