Ephedra

knotzen

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another thing...a crash diet is stupid...you shouldn't drop more than a pound to 2 pounds (depending on how large a frame you have) a week if you wanna really keep it off in the long run....

Rumr, aren't you a wrestler? I bet you see this kind of crazy crash weight loss stuff all the time. My little brother wrestles in high school and the stuff they do to themselves to make weight makes me sick.

another thing...a crash diet is stupid...you shouldn't drop more than a pound to 2 pounds (depending on how large a frame you have) a week if you wanna really keep it off in the long run....

Rumr, aren't you a wrestler? I bet you see this kind of crazy crash weight loss stuff all the time. My little brother wrestles in high school and the stuff they do to themselves to make weight makes me sick.

yah...that's why i fell out of my chair laughing when she made the comment that i don't know how to cut weight!!! yelrotflmao.gif

At the risk of being castigated for making a serious reply and there by derailing pages of good spray I will say this. Yes is does work. I know several people who took Metabolife or a similar product and lost fat. Ephedra is a stimulant and it will boost your metabolism. I didn't notice any adverse personality effects in those people. One person told me she had trouble sleeping for a few weeks, but after that was fine. Caffeine was a key ingredient in the Metabolife she was taking and I am not qualified to say if it was the Ephedra, the Caffeine or both that caused the sleeping issue. Other than that it worked well. I am not sure that I would recommend to anyone that they take it knowing the possible problems, but that is your call. You might loose weight without a diet, but you might die.

This thread reminds me of a study I read a while back. Men tend to believe that they can lose weight by increasing activity without changing what they eat. Women tend to think that they can lose weight by reducing intake and maintaining their current level of activity. The truth is in the middle.

Make it a point to workout hard at least 3 times a week. Team sports make it seem less like work and more like fun. Most co-ed league sports need women, so it shouldn't be too hard to find something to do.

Be sure to go for at least one good hike or climb every weekend. Cragging doesn't count. YOu will be outside enjoying the weather and getting exercise. Yo ucan hook up with folks on the evil cc.com (nwhikers.com) to find partners.

Get out and get fit

This was discussed in another thread but I think reading the South Beach book is good start. While I don't completely agree with some of the methodology used, the general principle of regulating your blood chemistry by eating essentially less simple sugar works.

I know people (mainly competative athletes) who have done all sorts of crazy crap, ephedra and hot rox, month long liquid diets, high protein, high carb, and even and I shit you not high calorie diets to lose weight. While it might work, it's not sustainable, and that is what you need to do if you want to be able to maintain a certain weight.